cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column chart - Display all possible values in axis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am trying to create a column bar chart, where on the axis X I will have the month (0CALMONTh2), accessing a SAP BW Infocube. the problem is I only have data on two months (1 and 3), and I would like to display all 12 months on the axis, even if the value on my key figure is zero.

How could I do that?

I am able to do that in a Bex query, but my users dont have the technical knowledge to create queries on Bex Query Designer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Lumira, you can create a time hierarchy on your date (select the gear on the data, create time hierarchy)

Then it will show all months - see below (Lumira 1.30):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy,

I tried that, but I still have only the months with data

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Lumira 1.30?

Are you using the BW extension?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I am using Lumira 1.30.

The problem is when you create a time hierarchy, is only displays all months between the firt and last on your database.

I tried with a sample excel file I created, with no May and no December data.

The hierarchy brings May to the axis, but leaves December out.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was not using Excel

I was using a BEx query

Have you tried this with the BEx query and the date field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can do it with Bex query with no problem, but not when I access BW Infocube.

I am going to trains users to build Lumira dashboards, but they can't develop queries on Bex, that is why I was trying to access infocube.

Thanks for the help

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best practice is to use a BEx query to leverage the BW authorizations; can you create one BEx query for your users against this cube?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can, and actually, I just tryed and with have the same issue with query. It works in your example because you hava data in December.

In my case, I only have data in January and April, so my X axis has only January to April, with february and March with value 0.

Any other ideas?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try Time series chart in Lumira since 1.30? In coming future support for Column chart for date time series chart may also be there hopefully.