Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Completed Indicator as mandatory in ME22N

Richa_Gupta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know there are lots of threads on this topic and most of them are answered already but here my requirement is little bit different.

I need to make Version Completed check box as mandatory so that if user forgets to check it in ME22N inspite of entering Reason, Text and Requestor, then system should throw an error message to him before saving the PO.

Messages MMDCM -014 and 019 are not helping here as according to functional consultant, we should not change type of these messages and we should make sure that version completed indicator is set in ME22n itself before proceeding further with it's GR or invoice.

I know SAP recommends that version completed checkbox should be set by user only once he/she is done with changes.

But is there any way to make it actually mandatory in ME22N.

NOTE : I have already tried to find out various exits/enhancement but found nothing useful.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Richa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check whether the attachments mentioned in the note: 1402609 - Version management is not available in the outline agreement BAPIs can give you an idea.

Also check the thread:

Regards,

AKPT

Richa_Gupta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasoon for your response.

The link of SCN did not help as the SY-UCOMM is not being captured inside exit.

Also, for the SAP Note, the BADI mentioned is not working for purchase order(ME22N).

Regards,

Richa

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a bit difficult task. EREV table contains the version number of the purchasing document. If the version completed is not ticked previously by the user, you can get the version completed unchecked in EREV table and propose error message to the user next time when this PO is edited.

But, if the version is already completed and if any new version is triggered during po change, EREV does contain any value at run time. So, it would be difficult to propose error message in this case.

Richa_Gupta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

No, we do not want to do it that way. My functional consultant needs message at the time of editing itself in ME22N so that user does not miss to check Version Completed indicator in Version Management.

Regards,

Richa

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am afraid your requirement may not be possible. Not sure at this moment. We did this validation around 3 years back. But, I really don't remember what was the requirement and the logic built.

When you edit PO, new version with version completed status does not appear in EREV table at run time. Due to this reason, it would be difficult for programmer to build logic.

May be you can check with enhancement.

Richa_Gupta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup, tried to look for enhancements too  but found not a single one which bring version data in it. So, that is the problem here.

But anyways thanks for taking out your time and suggest the solution.

Regards,

Richa