SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMBB validations

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

How can I add validations to the FMBB transaction,

a. Process and document type should correspond. Say for example If the user enters Process = ENTER, Document type should be ZX otherwise system should not allow the user to post the document

b. Remove Funded program form the header of the document

c. Check Fund against Functional areas

Please let me know your thoughts on the above concept

appreciate your responses!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jagadish,

You have two options:

1. Consistency Check (under Control Budgeting Flow)

2. BAdI: Enhance Checks and Document Postings (under Tools)

Note that item b. in your list cannot be accomplished in a validation check which can only create a message to the user.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jagadish,

You have two options:

1. Consistency Check (under Control Budgeting Flow)

2. BAdI: Enhance Checks and Document Postings (under Tools)

Note that item b. in your list cannot be accomplished in a validation check which can only create a message to the user.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Thanks Shyamal for the timely response!!

0 Kudos

Hi Shayamal,

I have a follow up question If I want to check a group of Fundcenters against a group of functional areas how can I achieve that using consistency checks?

Is there any similar functionality like use of SETS (FI  Validations)  under Consistency checks?

0 Kudos

Hello Jagadish

I am seeing fund center and commitment item hierarchies in the prerequisites for consistency checking but not groups (FM implementation of sets). I think you will need to use the BADI for this type of check.

Thanks

Shyam