cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate ChaRM with a 3rd party ticketing tool ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solman Experts !

Looking for your help to understand how can we integrate ChaRM with a 3rd party ticketing tool ?

We have Solman 7.1 and we are on SP12. We recently implemented ChaRM and instead of Solman ITSM we are using a 3rd party Ticketing Tool similar to Remedy. Currently an RFC (leading to either an NC, UC or AC based on requirements) is opened if the Ticket requires a Transport or another piece of Development. The challenge is, creating the RFC requires to replicate all the info present in the ticket. It would not only be time saving but also less error prone if the info (Fields such as Requestor, description, priority, attachments etc) from the 3rd party ticketing tool could flow into the Request for Change document in ChaRM. Further down the process it would help to provide automatic status updates to the ticketing tool as ChaRM documents moving along

the process. Right now we have a custom field in ChaRM that references the Ticket Number of the external tool. But that is only for reference purposes and does not add functionality.

My understanding is that Solman ITSM can be configured to integrate with a 3rd party ticketing tool. But this would introduce another layer in the information flow between the 3rd party Ticket Tool and ChaRM. It would also require additional effort on configuration and maintenance.

Is there a way to integrate ChaRM directly with a 3rd party ticketing tool?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Any previous examples of this type of integration or architecture documentation will be highly beneficial.

Thanks,

-Anshul Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul

There is no standard web service available for CHARM so the solution would be to write your own web services which will then enable you to connect CHARM to third party software.

I've seen many customers do this already so it's definitely feasible, I would recommend to get a developer who knows SAP CRM and knows about creation of web service and even better would be to get a developer that knows SAP Solution Manager, SAP CRM and creation of web services .

What I've seen developers do for example is creating a class or classes in ABAP and then enabling those as web services with inbound / outbound capabilities so you can have bi-directional traffic between CHARM and third party software.

Best regards

Tom

ehartzs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Anshul,

Were you able to solve this topic?  Can you share the solution ?

Regards

Esteban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

I did not get any answers on this. The documentation available on this is very thin and so is the guidance. My recommendation to the organization was to consider using the ITSM functionality in Solman.

One thing I did learn though was that integration is really only meaningful where you already have ITSM and 3rd party service desk installed.

-Anshul