Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting PM user by material type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I want to restrict access to PM users and limit to only allow them maintenance to material type - assemblies (IBAU - Maintenance Assembly). We are using a customized material type (ZBAU - same name used for Auth group) which references the standard IBAU material type.

I have created an authorisation group for this and it is maintained in T134. Authorisations in both objects M_MATE_WGR & M_MATE_MAR are restricted to ZBAU (which is my Auth group) in the authorisation group field (BEGRU), and the other objects which bring in the Auth group field are also restricted to ZBAU. However when I test this my test user can still maintain other material besides ZBAU.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be two reasons for that

1) if the access is coming from some other role in the user master.

2) The Authorization group field doent retrict access to material which are not attached to any specific authorization grp.

as per you note u attached ZBAU to grp ZBAU but make sure the other material tpye which you want the users to not have access to be added to a differenet authorization group. if they are not a part of any auth group they will be able to acess all those material types..

Hope this helps

Manohar

2 REPLIES 2

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be two reasons for that

1) if the access is coming from some other role in the user master.

2) The Authorization group field doent retrict access to material which are not attached to any specific authorization grp.

as per you note u attached ZBAU to grp ZBAU but make sure the other material tpye which you want the users to not have access to be added to a differenet authorization group. if they are not a part of any auth group they will be able to acess all those material types..

Hope this helps

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the same authorization object is providing the authorizations from some other role or if any object is manually maintained in the roles.

Junaid