cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel 2016 crashes when closing a file if SAP Analysis 2.2 is enabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem with Excel 2016 ( 64 bit) and SAP Analysis 2.2. Just recently we installed both and they are operating on Windows 7 enterprise platform. Every time when Analysis 2.2 is enabled and I close a file in excel, it crashes. To avoid that, I disable the add in and then close. Is there a solution to this? Is it related to a security patch or EMET file?

Please let us know if there is a solution to this?

Thanks / Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member276584
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ksehjpal
Explorer
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

We still have the issue with AO 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 and 32bit Excel.  Since we still use BEx extensively, we cannot move to 64-bit Excel.

We can replicate the issue at will.  It seems to happen when we cross the memory threshold of 250MB of Excel processes...  Wondering if this is an OOM issue?  It would make sense since the 64-bit Excel is reported not to have the issue.

0 Kudos

One more point:  We can even cause the issue to occur in AO 2.3

ksehjpal
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI FOlks

I have installed 2.3 version of analysis office in my 64 bit system with 64 bit office but i am facing issue its getting crashed some times giving error messages like analysis stop working some time like there is issue with the add in analysis. and excel is giving dumb.

My MS excel is 2016

can you help me with this please

Regards

Karan    

ksehjpal
Explorer
0 Kudos

former_member238189
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Steven

I also had issues with this; there are many approaches. I went onto the Office site and downloaded the 32bit version. Everything worked fine afterwards.

Just my 2cents;

Regards

-albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into a similar issue.  Using 2.2SP2 - 32Bit on Windows 10 works fine, but 64Bit on Windows 8.1 is crashing when I go to close either Excel or an AFO when I have them both up.

Does not crash unless I open both Excel and an AFO open or two AFO's open.  Does not crash when I open and close them individually.

Kelly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kelly - Luis,

Thank you for replying to this post. Yes, I just have 2.2SP3 installed and the problem is gone. No more excel crashing when analysis is enabled.

Thank you all.

-Steve

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello - are you on the latest patch for 2.2?  SP2?  I am using Excel 2016 without issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Tammy.

I am using SP2.2. We had initial issues but after having installed EMET5.5 those went away.

However, this excel crashing when analysis add in enabled is a serious issue. I wonder if this is happening because I am using Windows 7 Enterprise and I need a security update of some sort.

Are you also using Windows 7 Enterprise?

Thanks / Steve

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mine is exactly the same. What is the best way to research if I need a Software or security update ?

Thanks for the response / Steve

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe check with your IT group to see if there are patches needed for Windows 7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy, will do.

-Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven - I am running into the same issue with the 64Bit install.  After opening an SAP ticket, a developer has put in a fix in 2.2 SP3 (hopefully coming out this week).

Kind regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos

Hello Kelly and Steven,

Same issue here. I just installed the 2.2SP3 . And for the excel 2016 64bit the issue is gone.

Regards,

Luis.