Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles for Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible for one role to have the same transaction in it more than once as long as it's in a different folder?

Here the thing is roles were already created and working in Production server.

Now I need to add one more t-code (which is already exited) with different folder.

Will it give any problem to authorization objects or Activities (values)?

Please help on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

chandra.kotha

Message was edited by:

chandra reddy kotha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

What do you mean by as long as it is in same folder?

I think you mean to say having same Tcode in different categories in the role menu.

Its not a problem to have such but if once the Tcode is added in the role menu its authorization objects get populated in the authorization tab.If you need to maintain same object with different option you can add those object manually.But not required to add the same Tcode more than once in same role

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

What do you mean by as long as it is in same folder?

I think you mean to say having same Tcode in different categories in the role menu.

Its not a problem to have such but if once the Tcode is added in the role menu its authorization objects get populated in the authorization tab.If you need to maintain same object with different option you can add those object manually.But not required to add the same Tcode more than once in same role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible, especially if you have assigned your transactions from the SAP menu tree because sometimes the transaction is used in different modules or the same module but different sections (eg. FI module but used in AR & AP).

It does not really make a difference in terms of the user's access though but you might be facing problems when you think you may have removed a transaction for that particular user, forgeting that it had been assigned twice.

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Yes it is possible

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar