Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of Business Role Validity

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am running SAP NW IDM 7.2 SP10 PL12 with MS SQL Database.

I have seen this behaviour with a lower version as well, but I am sure this was working before.

If I try to modify the validity of a Business Role assignment with SAP backend privileges.

The validity date is modified on both objects, role and privilege but the "Validate Modify validity" or "Modify validity task" is not triggered.

Is this a bug, any clues?

Best Regards,

Ridouan Taibi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

Have you linked any tasks in "Validate Modify validity" or "Modify validity task" in all of your repositories?

Can you please post the screenshot of "Event Tasks" tab of the repository?

Kind regards,

Jai

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have tried linking the task using the repository and also directly on the privilege.

It's working when you modify the validity of a direct assigned privilege, but I am trying to modify the Business Role validity.

I see the validity of inherited privileges are changed in the LINK table but nothing is triggered.

The mcModifyTime/mcDirValidFrom/mcDirValidTo is not changed for the inherited privileges but the validity (mcValidFrom and mcValidTo) has been changed accordingly.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Ridouan

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

Modify Validity Task is missing in our Provisioning Framework. can you please know the provisioning framework version and via which patch it would be available.

Regards,

DP

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DP,

The Modify Validity Task is part of the Provisioning Framework Version 2 (2015/0611).

It should be in the CORE folder along with other Global tasks.

The above behaviour is ByDesign, the modification of the Business Role validity doesn't trigger any provisioning to the target system of inherited privileges. I have created a custom task with is link to the Validate modify validity of the Role to trigger provisioning as a workaround.

Good luck!

Regards,

Ridouan

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please post the screenshot of the modify validity task you are using in your provisioning framework as we are using version 1.

Using it we would like to create a customised task in our project too. as

Regards,

DP