cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Split and send to same receiver with the same interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the requirement that I'm getting the source with One order and having multiple line items (we can have "n" number of line items per order).

For Eg:

MT_Sender

Record(1.1)

> Order (1,1)

> Line Items(1,unbound)

Here, If suppose 2 line items in an order the message has to be split into two messages with the order and send to target system in two different messages.

Ex:

MT_Sender

Record(1.1)

> Order-1234 (1,1)

> Line Item - AA

> Line Item - BB

Then  the target should be

MT_Receiver

Record(1.1)

> Order -1234

> Line Item - AA

And

MT_Receiver

Record(1.1)

> Order -1234

> Line Item - BB

These split messages has to process as two different messages with the same interface to same receiver.

could you please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

For message split you can use the multi mapping concept: Developing Multi-Mappings for Message Splits - Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

You have to take into account that your scenario must be asynchronous to use multimapping, nad you will need to split the message at mapping level with the different line items. Check an example of multimapping http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

From my own experience you can work in this order:

1. Do the ESR mapping, loading the XSDs or WSDLs and to work until you can do the right split. It should be a bit complicate with your first split.

2. Work with the multi mapping concept, and to check that you are generating two messages correctly.

3. Talk with the endpoint developers if they can provide you a way to know if the messages are coming and doing their stuff correctly.

Regards.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul!

Set target message occurance to [0..Unbounded] in your message mapping and link MT_Receiver element to source message element <Line>. Thus, you'll get as many messages as <Line> items you have in your source message.

And keep in mind right contexts assignment during mapping.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

What is your end-end scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Proxy to SOAP