cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM: Authorization based on multi level categories is not working.

former_member570797
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In our ITSM configuration, we use the mutlilevel categories to classify tickets on the basis of country/region/plants.One of our requirement is to restrict the display of tickets on the basis of country [defined in level 1 category]. From our analysis, we understood that auth.object CRM_SSCCAT can be used to meet our scenario. However, it is not working as expected. We also attempted to implement the SAP note 2075307 - [Authorization check on CRM_SSCCAT fails], but it didn't help. Could you please any one tell us the steps required to meet our requirement. Basically, we are trying to restrict the display/edit the incidents on the basis of categories [here country]. For example, if an IT user in USA attempt to search for tickets of all countries, the system should only display the tickets of USA and not others.

We also understood from the below link that a BADI can be introduced to meet our need. However, we are trying to explore the possibility of controlling the access within Auth.Objects.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3864829

You are suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

Dinesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member570797
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Any suggestions??

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

I saw the option of searching the incidents based on Territory Id, but I haven't tried for myself.

Click on configurable fields icon in search option for incidents and select territory Id field as shown in screenshot.

Please let me know if this was helpful for you.

Good luck..

Thanks,

Vignesh