cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Restrict user State wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to restrict a user Sate wise in SAP.  Suppose a user working for ABC state - Below restriction need to be maintain -:

1 . He/She cannot create sales order of other state other than ABC State.

2. Even he cannot see other state customer from F4 ( search option ) .

3. Can we add State in Organization level for control user to access customer data of other state.

4. How we can maintain authorization object for state in SAP.

Thanks,

Amit Sharma 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't the "state" be configured as part of the sales area (e.g. Division)? Then you'd be able to use standard authorizations.

Otherwise you're talking loads of custom development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply....

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) At Sales Order level you want to restrict the State at Customer Level or Plant level.

EX : Customer and Plant belong to same state .

2) To restrict F4 search discuss with your ABAP' er to include a Customized search option but you need to finalize it whether Customer State or Delivery Plant state.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SR KUMAR,

Thanks for your reply. I have discussed with my ABAP team. Yes customer and plant belongs to same State. Suppse 1000 plant belongs to PUNJAB state, there is 500 customer under this plant ( all belongs to Punjab). User loging with Punjab id he can see only 500 customer list .

Thanks,

AS

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you discussed with your ABAP team before posting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your response. Yes I have discussed with my ABAP team. They are saying that BASIS can do this restriction based on custom object. I am fresher in BASIS , I cannot understand , actually how BASIS can do this ..

Thanks,

Amit 

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit Sharma wrote:

I am fresher in BASIS , I cannot understand , actually how BASIS can do this ..

I can only guess that "Basis" will use the authorization concept, as I've suggested. You can't be an SD consultant without any understanding of the authorization concept in SAP, so I'd suggest to Google it and read the documentation.

If this has been resolved then kindly close the discussion (see this blog). Otherwise clarify what other response is still expected.

Thank you.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

moved to SD.

Question regarding authroization concept during 'create sales order'