cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Finance - Master Data Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In a Central Finance scenario, can anyone highlight what is SAP's recommendation for master data replication from Source system to Target System.

Source System can be both SAP ERP and Non SAP ERP and target system is S4 HANA  on Premise 1511. The Volume of Master data is very high.

Client is not using MDG currently and we want to follow a non-disruptive approach for Central Finance..so not looking forward to any kind of change/development in the existing systems.

As far as SLT transformation and harmonization is concerned, I understand that, SLT is good for transaction data, but for master data it is a table level insert and not quite safe and hence not recommended.

Any pointers on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Kavita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

as far as I understood Central Finance uses the MDG functionality without having to use the MDG as a module. But I haven't set it up yet.

Please see the SAP help for more details - there are a few hints regarding this.

Central Finance - SAP Library

Mapping in Central Finance - Central Finance - SAP Library

Kind Regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't see SAP's recommendation in this case(without MDG). As Sanil said you can use BADi in target system for mapping.

But as for me it's better to use LT system for that, for instance in case of reconciliation - you can use LTVF tool in this case.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita

I believe that there are certain functionality already available w/o MDG License in Central Finance. One of the transaction code is MDG_KM_MAINTAIN, where the maintenance can be done manually.

SLT should be preferable option for mapping master data as well and there are available BADI for own derivation logic, especially in case of Non SAP System.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita

The below document might be useful for you

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/900bca1c-e915-3310-af9c-f8807a160...

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your mail Sanil.

We want to replicate the master data.. the initial load and the on-going replication from the source system.. mapping will come later.

As per SLT, I understand that it is a table to table level insert and that is not safe.. so just wanted to understand what is SAP's recommendation for initial load and on-going replication of master data.

Regards,

Kavita

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita

For transaction data from a non-SAP system to SAP (S4 HANA), Idocs is one of the approach. Not sure about SLT in this case

But not sure about how to replicate Master Data from SAP system to S4 HANA

Former Member - Any opinion?

@ Sanil - There are 3 IDs on your name. Not sure which is correct

Ajay M