Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large contracts publish time out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on SAP Sourcing 10.0 SP9.

When publishing contracts with 500 line items, we are facing time outs. We have set various parameters as per this blog: http://scn.sap.com/community/sourcing/blog/2014/01/23/best-business-practice--publishing-business-do...

But UI always times out within over a minute. Sometime, the document is created in ERP and a document link is available in CLM on refreshing the UI and reopening the document. Sometimes there is a # 1 on refresh and the document is not created in ERP (error condition).

Appreciate any inputs.

Regards,

Subhasini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasini,

The issue at hand is very complex ... and unfortunately it might not have a 'simple fix'.

The underlying problem is that the XML generation on CLM side is very sluggish. Adding this with the synchronous process and you get a solution that only works for 'simple' use-cases.

A couple of solutions could be implemented, but all of them will require different levels of custom developments and also will have business impact:

• One proposal I raised with a client some time back was to actually move away from the synchronous process to a custom async one (req was to handle up to 5000 lines)
    • this would be a big project but minimal business impact

• Another proposal was to actually split contracts with high number of LIs into multiple sub-agreements or child MAs
    • both the split/publishing could be done automatically
    • smaller project but bigger business impact (will result in more than one OA that could require consolidation)

Regards,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the inputs. Have seen this in earlier versions. I was hoping there might be a way now with 10.0.

I see a number of system properties related to AJAX. Are these in any way used during the publish process?

Regards,

Subhasini

Answers (0)