cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Condition number in Billing document are not in sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider two Billing documents 11 and 12. The Billing document 11 was created first and then 12. The document condition number for Billing document 11 is 22 and for 12 is 21. The doc condition number are not in sequence. This is creating a mess in our Billing Report where we try to sort the Billing document number using Doc. condition number. Can someone tell me in what cases this issue occurs? I am trying to replicate the scenario in testing system but not able to do so.  

One reason I have noticed in production system when Billing document 12 is release to accounting first before 11. But I am unable to replicate same scenario in testing system.

Please help me to understand the issue. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RV_BELEG is delivered not buffered in standard, but at least in the systems in which I can check, KONV is buffered in main memory.

Maybe a colleague from your BASIS team can help you in reproducing the case in the test environment.

Your PRD is probably with more than one application servers, while DEV/QA can be with just one for example.

The reason I mention that is because in note 1679514 there is the following text:

If you use several application servers, the numerical sequence will not reflect the (chronological) insert sequence because the numbers are buffered separately on the individual hosts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the tcode -SNRO for RV_BELEG and under customized setting, for Buffering it is set as "No Buffering". I guess that means Billing document numbers generation should be in sequence.  I am not sure where to check for document condition number setting.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The billing document - yes, but your issue is with number range object KONV, your billing documents are in the correct sequence, just document condition numbers are not. Check in SNRO for KONV, most probably it is buffered in main memory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting case. In programming sequence Document number (Vbrk-vbeln) gets populated before Condition number (Konv-knumv), so one would expect of two billing documents, the older one should have the older (smaller) condition number.

Are billing document creation dates the same? Is there another billing document wedged in between, or are 11 and 12 in line (For ex: For 11, vbrk-vbeln = 90001422, and for 12 vbrk-vbeln = 90001423).

If numbers are in line, and creation time difference is very small, I would suspect a delay while processing 90001422 might have caused the system to give next condition number to 90001423. It's a long shot, but that might be the cause of this strange behaviour.

P.S: Release of billing document to accounting does nothing to do with this, as condition number gets generated even if billing document is not released to accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the system and found 90001422 was created at  08:46:40 and 90001423 was created at 08:53:19. Both were created on same day.