cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport roles from DEV(270) to QTY(300)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

plz. let me know how to transfer roles from 270 to 300?

i am looking for detail description...

<b>Thank you....</b>in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to have the transport routes configured form your Dev system to Qty system.Once the transport routes are configured you can relase the transports using Se01 and import them in Q system.

Please check the below link for detailed information about the Transport management system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/44/b4a0137acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/44/b4a0137acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

**Reward points if the information was useful

Junaid

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit...Thanks much....finally done....accordingly...

Mohammand...thx..for the inputs....once again..cheers...;)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U R correct Ruchit....also ..mohammad...in scc4 settings are wrong...i changed...it worked..:)

Now, in the target client 300, should i do anything?

In User , it is Red. when i checked there is no users are there. Should i need to do user compare...i tranported..15 roles...i checked...no users are alloted for this roles...but..in autho...should i generate it again...??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congrats MSR that you were able to transport the roles.

Now Perform a user master comparison in the target system.

You can create perform a user master comparison in the following ways:

¡ To perform the comparison in the background, schedule the report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY periodically in the background.

¡ To perform the comparison immediately, start report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY.

¡ To perform the comparison immediately, in transaction PFCG, choose Utilities Mass Comparison and enter the affected roles in the Role field on the User Master Comparison screen. Then choose Perform User Master Comparison.

Message was edited by:

Mohammed Junaid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MSR,

Ideally after every role transport you need to role comparision. Also after assignment of role to users. Schedule a daily job for report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY for this issue. However if these are new roles and dont exist in quality 300 then no need for role comparision.

Also after transports there is no need to generate the roles again as such.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark the thread as solved if you are done with your transports

**Award points accordingly

Message was edited by:

Mohammed Junaid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes...i have the autho....i have the role of sap_all, sap_new....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MSR,

Can you tell me the settings you have in SCC4 for client 270 under tab strip:

Changes and transports for client specific objects?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in SCC4 under changes and transports for client-specific objects.

Is it set to No changes allwoed?

If yes, set it to Automatic recording of changes and try transporting.

**Reward points accordingly

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...i have noted down the request...no....

after creation of request..this error...version is ecc 6.

in se10, request is there, but no object is attached...

i need to 10 to 50 roles transport....reply ..plz...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have required authorizations to release a CTS and also to maintain the roles

The below link gives you more details of transporting roles

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6d/7c8cfd410ea040aadf92e1f78107a4/content.htm

Message was edited by:

Mohammed Junaid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mommhamad,

Everything is okay..after createing request...if i check...continue...it is saying....request no. also..came..at final..step..error....

"You cannot transport transport client-specific objects"

what should i do now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where are you getting this error? Are you trying to release CTS directly form the same screen ?

Did you note down the CTS number and try releasing from the SE10.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello MSR,

Please check if you have the authorization activity 21 for authorization object S_USR_AGR? If not assign it to you.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

...fine....Guru's are great....

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Creat a role (or predefined role) PFCG and Click transport role(ctrlshiftF9) Now your role transport in different system (Route is defiend also 270 to 300)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/c1/db400ffd3111d5997a00508b6b8b11/content.htm

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Message was edited by:

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's it.........thx...mohammed...after transport ....should i do anything..in target client...here 300...y'r reply...very helpful....

Sunilgi, .....without tms..where is the question of..transport....my question..is very specific....any way...thank u for your concern....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the user compare is green in the roles , if not do a user compare for all the roles that are imported in Qty.If thats not the case you need not do anything .The roles are ready to be used Mark the thread as solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to transport the roles from one system to another and your Transport routes are configured .Follow the below method,

PFCG

Select Environment > Mass Transport>Click on the yellow arrow and include all the roles you need to transport.

Check both the boxes (this will allow you to transport single roles too when moving the composite ones and also the profiles that are generated for the roles

Execute and press on enter till you are requested for a CTS number.

Create new CTS form the pop up or enter the already created CTS number

This will include all your roles in a CTS

Now you can go to SE10 and release your CTS and import in QTY system.

This way the roles are transported

Either you can do is to download the roles to your local machine and uplaod them in the target system.This process needs that you generate all the roles again in the target system. IF composite roles were uploaded then you need to generate all the single roles.

**Reward points accordingly

Former Member
0 Kudos

always be clear when asks for help from SDN gurus,

in your request, you have not cleared that your TMS is configured and you wants only help how to move roles from one system to another?

Cheers,

-Sunil