cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounting documents for one billing

Former Member

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where in two accounting documents need to be created for one billing document. The document type of the accounting document and G/L accounts will be different.

Please let me know if there is a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's quiet possible via exits EXIT_SAPLV60B_002 and EXIT_SAPLV60B_008, refer to the solution mentioned in OSS Note but please implement it only if business is very much blunt with the requirement and not willing to get convinced. Be careful with the business implications as suggested by other members. Thanks.

301077 - User exits for the interface for accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Thanks for your response.

We are looking for something like below.

Accounting Document types needed - xx and xy. xy is configured in the billing document type config. While the accounting document is getting created, can we employ user exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_008, we want to create the additional accounting document of document type xx? No changes are made to the accounting document structures ACCCR and ACCIT for document type xy.

So, by the time the execution of the user exit is done, accounting document xx is saved and the other accounting document xy is saved once the program is out of the exit.

Please advise.

Regards,

Bhanu

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Is it mandatory for the FI guys to see the Accounting document in the document flow of SD?

Even if you succeed to create the second accounting document, I'm actually not sure if it will appear on document flow. It might, but I repeat: Is it mandatory for the FI guys to see the Accounting document in the document flow?

Becaue if it's not, handling your requirement via output processing will be much easier and less complicated. You can trigger an action via an output type (which can be a custom program to create the additional accounting document or an IDOC). This output should be triggered only if the initial accounting document is created. Cancellations should be taken into account as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kivanc,

Thanks for your response.

The document flow part is something we are still debating with the customer. But, we will do away with the document flow part. They will use FBL5N to check the two accounting documents generated with a common reference number.

Also, we considered using the output type functionality earlier, but later the approach is changed to use an available user exit.

I understand this is against the best practice, but all I am looking here is to check if it is still possible to meet the requirement.

Using user exit will be messy and at this moment we are not sure if this will be the approach we will be going forward with.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can understand well that you're still in the phase of assessing the provided options but still before doing this implementation please consider all business implications. Now coming to the requirement you can achieve this using an exit SDVFX008 with the component as EXIT_SAPLV60B_008 that will be triggered when you're going to create invoice. You need to ensure favorable treatment against your requirement with the help of your abaper. Logic behind this would be first accounting document say 'AB' will be created and all relevant fields will be passed to structures ACCCR and ACCIT. Now you've to play smart with the accounting entry for the second document type say 'YZ', here you need to append the line items G/L wise in above mentioned structures where G/L will be picked from your Z* table now this would be the point where you need to influence your second accounting document by passing all the required fields. I'm assuming that abaper would be smart enough to put the logic for this and if you need help related to this you can ask w/o any hesitation.

Another thing which you need to consider here as A/R will going to stand against the same customer same as of sales order or different partner would be there? My suggestion is to go for a separate Z* ledger in order to meet user requirement and instead of creating two accounting documents for a single invoice, just create proforma invoice with the required pricing and use it in your customized ledger.

Rest choice would be totally yours, which option you would like to go for. I'm curios to know managements decision related to this and sorry for such a length reply. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

I will update here once a decision is made and the approach is finalised.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Bhanu, do revert back when things will get finalized at your end

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

Please refer SAP Note 1670486.

Regards

Shubham

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu,

Can you explain the Business need to create two Accounting documents for One Invoice? Is this a specific requirement (say for a particular Invoice type, or particular type of Transaction) or generic requirement for all the Invoices?

Also what different GL Accounts are you expecting to be hit in two different accounting documents?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thanks for your quick revert.

Our requirement is only for one particular custom invoice type. It will be based on invoice type only.

G/L Account information is not yet known completely, but, the requirement is to have one accounting document of type AB and other of type IR to be posted for a billing type say 'ZF2'.

Let me know if there is a way to achieve this.

Thanks,

Bhanu

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Can you elaborate further with example?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found this SAP note (SAP Note 36353) on FI document summarization. You may want to check this out. Not sure how much this would help your requirement.

Regards,

Laxmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

What we are looking for is something like below.

First accounting document should contain:

Acc1 - Net Value

Acc2 - Tax

Acc3 - Gross Value

Second accounting document should contain:

Acc4 - Gross Value

Acc5 - Discount

Acc6 - Net Value

This accounting documents should have a different numbers and document types (1 AB and 1 IR).

What should be our approach to achieve this?

Regards,

Bhanu

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu,

Is this Accounting documents requirement discussed with your (SAP) FICO colleagues and Account / Finance team from Business.

The reason for asking this is hitting different GL Accounts from same Invoice with same amount (Net Price, Tax and Gross value) seems against the basic accounting principles to me.

I mean if a particular value from Invoice say, Net Value is posted to one GL Account, what is the need to post the same value to another GL Account? Also how is the Customer account debited in this scenario? How will Invoice be cleared?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

What are your split criteria for this requirement?

Regards,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

We have discussed the requirement with FICO as well. The scenario is as below.

We have to post the amounts to additional G/L accounts which cannot be handled in a single FI document. To be precise, we have to create two different FI documents (with 2 document types) to have the full set of postings captured.

One can be configured using the billing type configuration by assigning one of the required FI document type. The other FI additional document needs to be posted while the billing document is saved along with the one configured in the billing type config.

We are going to maintain the G/L details in a Z table from which it needs to be picked.

Can this be done using user exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_008? If yes, can someone guide me the high level logic that needs to be employed?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

We want an additional accounting document for a separate set of postings which cannot be handled in a single FI document. There is no split criteria as such.

For a few Customer Account Assignment Groups (CAAG) we want to have 2 accounting documents. The G/L account details will be maintained in a Z table.

Can you help guide me as to how to use user exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_008 to have the additional accounting document created during billing document save?

Thanks.

Regards,

Bhanu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though you have indicated that you have discussed with your FI team, I still feel, you / FI team are not aware of this implications and neither the client.  From your above example, all the debit amounts would be duplicated (Net Value, Gross Value) and does it mean, you are going to debit the customer twice for one sale? 

Definitely, I would not recommend to go with exit even if the client insist on this.  What the best approach can be do a proto type testing, involve your FI consultants, take the screen shots of FI postings, get concurrence from them and if they are okay, then you start in development.  But again,  think thousand times before you go for an enhancement as this is not at all a Best Practice.  May be this can be handled from FI side in a much better way.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the guidelines.

I am just looking for a way to use user exits and achieve this. We have considerations to use output type as well. We are weighing our options here and a final call will be taken once the pros and cons of the possible solutions are debated.

Regards,

Bhanu