Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenDocument

harsha_ganapathy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Since we cannot schedule a Design Studio dashboard, I wanted to share the document link to end users so that they can directly use the link instead of using in BI Launchpad.

Issue is, the document link, is of OpenDocument type. And when I Open the link, it asks for UserName and Password.

My BO credentials are not working there and I see it as a BusinessObjects Opendocument page.

We use SAP Authentication to login to launchpad.

Is there something which I am missing. Any help on this would be great,.

Thanks,

Harsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The default authentication is set to secEnterprise i believe. Change that to secSAPR3. Or make the authentication drop-down visible.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Config file: <Tomcat Dir>\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom\OpenDocument.properties

If the file is not present in custom folder, copy the same from default folder and make changes in the copied file in custom folder.

harsha_ganapathy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit.

We are not having option to change Authentication as well. So, on logging in, you are saying that it's using Enterprise Authentication.

By making the above changes, will we be able to have SAP as default and then login using our SAP credentials?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check the file in server to know what is the default authentication set there. By default it is secEnterprise after installation.

harsha_ganapathy
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create a dummy ID who has roles to run this report and then send the userId and Password along with Opendocument link.

So that once user opens, they could see the design studio dashboard without entering their credentials.

This is client requirement where they want to eliminate logging into BO again.