SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing with assortment modules

AliaksandrDrozd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, All.

I'm new in SAP Retail so my questions could be silly, but I hope that you can help me or show right direction.

I've created assortment and assigned plants and merchandise groups to it.

I've created standart assortment module (WSO1) and assign it to assortment.

When I'm adding new article to assortment module using different listing procedures (01, 02, 06) I expect that listing conditions will be created by system automatically. But this doesn't happen (there is no records in WLK1 table).

I tried to create my own listing procedure in customizing (see it in screenshot) but it doesn't work too.

I'm afraid that there is some mistakes in my customizing. Could you please explain me some points from IMG help. Here I've found:

- "Ensure that you define plant material group assignment correctly and completely, including defining the correct assortment grade."

Is it obligatory to use assortment grade if I set check-box "No astmt garde" in my own listing procedure?

- "Ensure that the plants are correctly classified for the purposes of comparison with the material"

I don't use in my listing procedure check ""K" - Material <-> plant classification check". Is it obligatory to classify plants?

Message was edited by: Alexander Mikhailovich Drozd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the world of SAP IS Retail.

Please note it is not mandatory to use assortment grade and to bypass the same, you have done correctly in your listing procedure by checking the "No Assortment Grade" check box.

First of all, when you use assortment modules, it means you want to control the listing on article level. If this is what to need, you do not have to assign the merchandise categories(MCs) in your assortment because you are covering your required articles in your module. If this is not what you want, you can directly assign the MCs to your assortment. Also you need to check whether the plants (or in retail they are called as Sites) have the MCs assigned to them. For this you can goto transaction WB03, enter your site. Once you are display mode of your site, click on Merchandise Categories button on the top and check whether the MCs you are using in assortments are assigned to the site or not. If you do not see your MCs here, you can enter in the same screen in change mode, or you can use transaction code WB30 for the same.

Also check you are using a correct listing procedure and all the requirements of that listing procedures are fulfilled in the master data you are using. Ideally, the listing procedure assigned to articles in listing view and the same used in assortment should be same.

Please do these checks and revert if your issue still exists.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the world of SAP IS Retail.

Please note it is not mandatory to use assortment grade and to bypass the same, you have done correctly in your listing procedure by checking the "No Assortment Grade" check box.

First of all, when you use assortment modules, it means you want to control the listing on article level. If this is what to need, you do not have to assign the merchandise categories(MCs) in your assortment because you are covering your required articles in your module. If this is not what you want, you can directly assign the MCs to your assortment. Also you need to check whether the plants (or in retail they are called as Sites) have the MCs assigned to them. For this you can goto transaction WB03, enter your site. Once you are display mode of your site, click on Merchandise Categories button on the top and check whether the MCs you are using in assortments are assigned to the site or not. If you do not see your MCs here, you can enter in the same screen in change mode, or you can use transaction code WB30 for the same.

Also check you are using a correct listing procedure and all the requirements of that listing procedures are fulfilled in the master data you are using. Ideally, the listing procedure assigned to articles in listing view and the same used in assortment should be same.

Please do these checks and revert if your issue still exists.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit.

Thank you for your answer and your invitation.

Creating listing conditions was disabled on client level. After activation this option I see that records inserts in WLK1 after including articles in assortment modules.

Maintaining assortments using Assortments module is exactly option I need. I will folow your recommendation and I going to cancel MC assignment to assortments. It will simplify assortment maintaining.

BR Alexander

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I hope you are well.

I have problem with listing. I am working on SAP Retail System and recently i have been receiving requests where users have removed all the assortments from the article(Layout modules tab in MM43 is blank) but there are still valid entries in WLK1.

I don't know how this happened and and i am requesting for advice on how to stop this from recurring.

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I am doing good.

I would suggest you to check listing source field in WLK1 table which will tell you the source of this record creation. So depending on the listing source value, you can take action to stop through assortments or layouts.

Also in WLK1, check the validity of listing records whether they are active or not. It is possible, the listing records which are not valid today are still there in the table.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit