Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export as stored procedure from SAP PA to HANA

emma_an
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can someone guide me where I can proceed if I want to export the model from SAP PA expert analytics to do <export as stored procedure>?

Currently, SAP PA working offline no database conected. What I want to test is how the model/algorithms exported from the SAP PA expert analytics works in SAP HANA PAL.

I have searched some document, but not yet get appropriate one.

Appreciate this.

Regards,

Emma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

Is your question answered now?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

clarissa_dold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

you can export as HANA Stored procedure only if connected to SAP HANA. Other options are .SPAR or .PMML.

To export the model:

- go to the Predict Room

- select the model in the Designer View

- select Export Model underneath the Components Pane in the Component Actions section on the   
  lower right side of the screen

- select the export option

You can also check in the user guide (section 16) for more details:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/pa25/en/pa25_expert_user_en.pdf

Regards,

Clarissa

emma_an
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Clarissa,

If I want to connect HANA and SAP PA, is below document section 4 a good approach?

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100013427582015E/pa23_conndb_win_conf_en.pdf

clarissa_dold
Participant
0 Kudos

the section you mentioned refers to the Automated Analytics. I suggest you start from here (section 3.5.1/ p30):

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_130_user_en.pdf

Regards,

Clarissa

emma_an
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Clarissa,

I have quickly gone through the pdf.

From that, if I udnerstand correctly, I need to import the dataset from HANA to SAP PA EA, and then analyze/predict in SAP EA using some algorithm, and then I export the procedure <export as stored procedure> to HANA PAL. After this, I only can use this procedure in HANA.

My situation is : I have flat file data, I have already created the analysis in SAP PA EA, and I want to use this modeling in SAP HANA.

To have this, I need to do the above way. Did I understand correctly?

Regards,

Emma

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Clarissa, is this guide you wanted to mention? The link points to a SAP Lumira documentation.

Thanks & regards Antoine

clarissa_dold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

yes that's the one. Some of the details are explained on Lumira but not on the Expert Analytics side within the User Guides.

Regards,

Clarissa

clarissa_dold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

yes that's one way of doing it. If you want to export your model as a HANA Stored procedure and run it on HANA you typically would have your data in HANA already.

To build the model you'd use a representative sample of the data.

Regards,

Clarissa