cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance of DP master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

I have a number of characteristics which have navigation attributes.

The master data for these are maintainable via the admin workbench transaction RSA1, of course.

But I want nominated <u>users</u> to be able to maintain this master data for certaing characteristics. So I'm thinking of a bespoke transaction which allows the users to do this, rather than them using RSA1.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way of doing this?

Thanks,

Bob Austin, Atos Origin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob

Why not let the users maintain this externally in a pre-formatted Excel sheet and load it periodically into the RSA1 by a periodic or event triggerred info-pack (you probably need to design a process for this)

alternately you can create a table in APO which can be used by the user to edit data and you can use it to update the nav attributes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had similar requirement. After some investigations, we solved the requirement using a ABAP program to do this maintenance. You can find the relevant methods in the class "CL_RSDMD_FACTORY".

/Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Group,

The option that harish gave above is good because you will be using the SAP provided functionality for loading master data.

However, let me give you some more options. Each InfoObject will have corresponding master data tables for it (assuming you enabled the master data flag in the infoobject maintenance). The master data tables follow a naming convention. You might opt to update the tables directly using ABAP. Here is the naming convention:

Attribute tables (Customer defined):

/BIC/P<tech name of your characteristic> (time independent attributes)

/BIC/Q<tech name of your characteristic> (time dependent attributes)

Attribute tables SAP defined):

/BI0/P<tech name of your characteristic> (time independent attributes)

/BI0/Q<tech name of your characteristic> (time dependent attributes)

Text Tables:

Customer defined: /BIC/T<tech name of your characteristic>

SAP defined: /BI0/T<tech name of your characteristic>

For example, if i have a characteristic call ZCATEGORY then the text table for that will be /BIC/TZCATEGORY, the attribute tables will be /BIC/PZCATEGORY and /BIC/QZCATEGORY.

You can also easily view the name of the tables in transaction RSD1. Just place the name of your infoobject and then go through the tabs. The name of the MD tables will be shown there.

Hope this helps.