cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C - "All" option in different objects (customers, opportunities, quotes, etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear C4C experts,

Is there any way to control (ideally based on role), that the option "all" is not displayed to certain users?

business case: It was required to build sales organizations and also territory, so in that sense when searching for a customer in the standard search (Accounts -Customers) we have My account, my account team´s account, my territory team´s accounts and my team´s accounts.  this is working fine but the user also sees option ALL.   Even if the role is setting as read access restricted, it shows all customers in the database and in our case this is not desired by the company.   Sales users should only see those mentioned before.

Not only for this object but in several occasions it has been required that only  X, Y or Z searching options are displayed to users. This sounds like a very reasonable request, is there a way to influence this?

Thanks in advance,

Nataly Hernández

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I need to evaluate with business this possibility as we currently have just one master layout, but once system is more stable we could definitely narrow it down by role what kind of things should be personalized included that. The disadvantage then is the  maintenance if´we want to change things for everybody, but technically this is the way to go. Thanks for the suggestion!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, This is possible via page layouts by maintaining different layouts for different business roles.

-Senthil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nataly,

There is one workaround:

In the setting Edit Master layout, you can remove the standard query option, say "All".

However, this will effectve for all users. but you still can create a new page layout say"New All" and then assign to certain Biz role.

So only the user with this role can see the option "New All".

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Qiang

danny_lipkovski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Qiang,

how should I add the newly created query "New all" to a pagelayout?
When changing the pagelayout I have no possibility to add any query.
It seems that queries can only be assigned to the masterlayout.

Regards

Danny

AnkushPashine
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Danny ,

Yes,you need to do it via Master Layout .

For e.g. 1.Go to Sales work center ->Sales Quote view ->Advance Filter ->Adapt - Edit Master Layout

->click on 'Organize Query'->Select checkbox "All" and then radio button for "All" to remove it.

2.Later save your masterlayout changes.

Hope this answers.

Best Regards,

Ankush.

danny_lipkovski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

that's exactly my problem, I can remove the all-query via pagelayout.
But it's not possible to add "New all" to any pagelayout.
I need to have different queries based on role/pagelayout.

Regards

Danny

AnkushPashine
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Danny ,

I don't think it is possible via Page Layout ,maybe you can wait for further confirmation by some experts.

Regards,

Ankush.