Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No error pop-up when MA publish errors out in ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on SAP Sourcing 10.0 SP9.

When publishing a master agreement, if there are errors like pricing conditions or missing QM, accounting views etc., I do not get the error popup in CLM like we used to before. Instead, the document link gets created with the external reference number as #1. This document cannot be used anymore because of the incorrect reference.

Has anyone faced this issue? Am I missing anything?

Appreciate any inputs.

Regards,

Subhasini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasini,

In addition to what Bogdan mentions above.. just wanted to inform you that development is already trying to address this.. the error handling should become more robust in handling #1 .. The fix should become available in an upcoming SP..

Regards

Prasad

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

offtopic - big like for that ... I remember busting my brains for weeks trying to debug a random #1 for a client...

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad.

I noticed an Unlink External Reference button with SP9. We will allow this to the business system administrators and have this as the work around for now.

Regards,

Subhasini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasini,

The use case described (#1 reference) is most likely related to enhancements done in the BBP_ES_OA_UPDATE. If you do have enhancements you'll need to debug and understand where is the error.

Basically both systems 'think' that the publishing is successful, but no OA is actually created because of *some* issue you'll need to identify.

#1 is getting returned because this is used as a default for the OA ID in BBP_ES_OA_UPDATE. And with both systems thinking it was successful this value is passed across and used.

Bogdan