cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute - point to new iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used the following code to move to another iview on a click of a button.

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://<iview path>",WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,(String) null, (String) null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,(String) null,(String) null,"Test ");

The new iview opens successfully, but the <b>top level</b> and <b>detail level</b> navigation still point to the old iview. How can I make it point to the new iview?

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

If your requirement is to open the new iView in a new window try the external model in WDPortalNavigationMode

WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL

See this link which discuss a similar problem

Regards,

Sudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Thank you for the reply.

No, I do not want to open the iView in the new window. The iview is opening within the portal content area which is absolutely fine.

But my question is related to the path that is highlighted on the top/second/detail level navigation. Usually when we click on a tab or a link on the detail navigation panel, the corresponding path is highlighted and the iview title is displayed.

<b><u>tln1</u></b> tln2 tln3

-

sln1 sln12 <b> <u>sln13</u></b>

-

dln131

<b><u>dln132</u></b> <i><b>IVIEW1</b></i>

dln133

<b><u>tln1</u></b> tln2 tln3

-

sln1 sln12 <b> <u>sln13</u></b>

-

dln131

<b><u>dln132</u></b> <b><i>IVIEW2</i></b>

dln133

But in my case, though Im able to move to the second iview, the old path is still highligted, which is quite misleading.

Hope you got my point.

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

I couldn't find the solution. Here is the link to javadoc for the class

<a href="https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/navigation/api/WDPortalNavigation.html">https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/navigation/api/WDPortalNavigation.html</a>

Hopefully you could find some catch in this.

Also I would suggest you to put this question in the SDN EP (Enterprise Portal) forum.

Regards,

Sudeep

Answers (0)