cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT replication master job runs with the dialog user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

WE have slt replication configured with ECC and HANA for data replication from ECC.

Though we have configured the background user i system for replication but still i see that the master job of the replication always runs with the dialog user which is used to start the SLT replication.

as the job will never be in the released mode i am not able to change the user in the jobs.

has anyone observed and fixed this issues, please share the solution with me as well.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

My understanding is that the owner of the SLT jobs is the user who started them. If you stop the replication jobs and restart them with a different user, the owner of the jobs should change.

One solution can be (never tested it) to use the program  IUUC_REPL_START_STOP_JOBS in background to start the SLT jobs. Thus you will be able to execute the program with a system user and the owner of the SLT jobs should be this user.

Note that you will still have the risk that a dialog user stop and restart this jobs manually (thus taking the ownership).

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frederic,

Thanks for the information, Ihave raised OSS to SAP to check if we can get some fix to this issue.

the work around is might not help me in my case.

Thanks And Regards,

Amar Ghuge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frederic,

There is no solution for this issue as per SAP, we will have to use the SLT API's available for making any changes  in my case to make the master job to run with batch user i had to schedule the job with the report mentioned by you in earlier after scheduling the job we are seeing that the master job executes with the Batch user.

Thanks for the help.

Amar Ghuge.

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for sharing their answer.

Answers (0)