cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic routing selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all , please gvie me a direction which is right:

&1  if  there are multiple routings matching the selection criteria,  the first one is selected by default(for automatic routing selection)...from SCN

&2  If several routings match the selection criteria equally well then all of them are displayed...from SAP help

i thought &2 is right , but i tested that &1 is right in my system. No production version using , the routings header information are the same except the 'valid from' date.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I checked the code logic , when maintained automatic selection in OPL8 , work order will defualt the first valid routing group counter.

Since we had a system upgrate , i will compare the verisons , and check the note issue adviced by Brahmankar.

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope SAP note 1940114 will solve this issue.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

Our system upgrate caused this issue , the left is the old version.

Implemented note 1940114 , we can choose the routing.

Thanks all!

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check SAP note  1874317 is implemented  in your system.

If yes then you need to implement SAP note 1940114 - Automatic routing selection - no pop-up

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rvarulselvan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Production Version = Routing + BOM it was maintained in Material Master MRP2 tab

While Creating Production version for the material choose the suitable BOM and routing (group & group counter).

You can create multiple production version with suitable combinations.

&1  if  there are multiple routings matching the selection criteria,  the first one is selected by default(for automatic routing selection)...from SCN

Ans : Yes if you have maintained multiple production versions ,then the system will select the first version with its routing and BOM details.

&2  If several routings match the selection criteria equally well then all of them are displayed...from SAP help

Ans: If you change manual selection of production version in t.code OPL8 then while creating production order you will get the option to selection the suitable production version

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Routing selection in MRP will be by default first one.But selection of routing in Production orders is based on the setting you have maintained in order type dependent parameter OPL8 i.e automatically or manually.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Velmurugan S ,

In OPL8, we maintained automatically , all the routing group counters which in my screenshot are valid ,

work order is defualt the first group counter after converted from planned order.

But the user is sure she can chosse the routing last month.

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Elliott,

The Routing selection we will maintain in the Order type dependent parameters (OPL8)

if you have defined multiple Group counters with in one Group then system will check the validity of the Group Counters

if all group counters are valid at the same time means it will take the which is first i.e. default one

if you want to select the routing manually means please go through the production version selection process

Regards,

Venkatesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkatesh!

In OPL8, we maintained routing selection automatically. All the multiple Group counters are valid at this time ,the routing group counter really is default the first one.

But the user told me that she could choose the routings when work order creation last month , we didn't have any changes in SPRO.It confused me.

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Elliott,

If that is the case please create 3 production versions with same BOM and Routing Group with 3 different Group counters

then while creating work order system will popup the Production versions to select the correct routing

hope this will solve your problem

Regards,

Venkatesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkatesh!

We don't use the production version , maybe to maintain the routing selection manually.

Thanks again!