cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qota Arrangement in SNP heuristic

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I met a problem with a product when trying to plan it in APO. The product has these parameters

- external procurement with 5 suppliers (and quota arrangements)

- info record created in R/3 and transmitted to APO. Which generate automatically transportation lanes.

- after running SNP heuristic, APO created Purchase requisitions but the problem is that the earliest PR is attributed to just one supplier whereas there are 2 suppliers with the same "planned delivery time".

Has someone already faced to this problem?

Could you please give some explanation about the logic of SNP heuristic/ quota arrangement?

thank you in advance for you help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

A full explaination of the source of supply priorities used by the Heuristics can be found at:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/47/37934e7ff19d4cb3b7084291a8259a/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/47/37934e7ff19d4cb3b7084291a8259a/content.htm</a>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thank you Ian

The link you proposed to me gave more details on SNP heuristics.

In my current situation, the logic doesn't work in the short and middle term of the planning horizon.

I mean that among my 5 suppliers and according to the " planned delivery time", if the system must attribute the first P.Req to 2 or 3 suppliers, it attibutes all the quantity to just one or two.

I have the impression that one of the suppliers are memorized in some tables that need to be refreshed.

Waiting you help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Atelier,

As Ian referenced, the sequence of priorities are

Quota arrangements

Procurement priority

Procurement costs

Procurement type

Did you check the above for all 5 sources? planned delivery time I guess reduces the produrement prority. But really the priorities that you define in the Transportation lanes and the product are what matters. I will see if I can find any other reasons.

Is this happening only for your model or for every Heuristic? Do you think there is anything else thats specially used in this Heuristic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is this happening for any quantity?

pl check is there a min lot size or some other constraint in the location product master or in the transportation lane that is forcing more than the quota into some lanes