cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decision step in Workflow directly from orderitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I remember there is a way for endusers to go to the pending decision steps in the workflow directly from the orderitem.
This avoids the lengthy process of loading the entire Business Workplace.

Does any one know how? Or is this documented somewhere?

Sincerely yours,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be a link on the upper left side of the transaction to the GOS from it you can see the workflow overview.

Generic Object Services (BC-SRV-GBT) - SAP Library

Displaying Workflows for an Object - Generic Object Services (BC-SRV-GBT) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ronen!
I followed the path you referred to but I do not find the buttons to actually "activate" the decision step. When an order is created I want to launch the actual "put it in validation" task trough the order.

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, there is no simple way to do what you are asking, there is no simple way of accessing the workitem from the log. you have some options:

1. If the task is assigned to you, can execute it from the technical display, but getting to that point is a little complicated an not something I would recommend for regular users, this option is mainly for admins.

2. If you use the extended notifications with executable attachments, one of those leads directly to a specific workitem execution see Granularity and Message Structure - Embedded Processes (SAP Business Workflow) - SAP Library

3. There are a few notes that were released in the last few mouths on improving the business workplace speed. Also slowness is usually caused by the dynamic columns see if you can improve the way they are calculated.     

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronen

I found it! Option 1 does the job!

Is it technical possible to ask a programmer to create a button to link to the descision steps directly? It would be more convenient

John

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add another service class to the GOS. in it call the execution of the workitem using  function module sap_wapi_workitems_to_object to get the linked workitems and transaction SWNWIEX to go directly to the workitem.

see Creating New Object Service - Generic Object Services (BC-SRV-GBT) - SAP Library

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John Prang wrote:

This avoids the lengthy process of loading the entire Business Workplace.

Curious: Why do you describe it so? It's a four letter transaction code, or three clicks at most.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opening the Business workplace is very time consuming at my company. Probably due to the high number of pending tasks.
I rarely need it and I want to put my newly created order quickly "in validation" I never need to monitor it or do other things.
So I am looking for a fast way to actually send my newly created order trough the system.

Ronan's answer was helpful but I do not see the real buttons, If I'm not mistaken it could be that I need to change some of my (user)settings in order to do this.

Any help is so much appreciated!