Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot add new sleection texts to report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Let's say i wanna implement a SAP Note in which a manual activity is to add certain selection texts to a report in SE38 - for instance - SAP Note 2193006

I do as I am told - I go to RPFIGLMX_JE_DETAILS in se38 , click text elements - Change. But even though i am definitely in change mode - I cannot add new selection texts. The screen looks like this.

even when I try to first display the source code - then go in change mode for the source code and then use goto -> Text elements -> Selection Texts - Change Mode again, I cannot add new seleciton texts. I can only edit the existing ones with the button "change original text"

I can even delete Selection Texts, but again - not add new ones.

How to achieve this?

Best regards,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas, when you select change mode, are you prompted to register the object by providing an access key?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas, when you select change mode, are you prompted to register the object by providing an access key?

0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

yes - I am the first time when I click on change in SE38. And I registered the object via object key obtained from support.sap.com/sscr.

Hi Andreas, in reviewing the note, it looks like adding the selection texts is not the first step.  I think the process is to ensure that the correction instructions have been applied.  Once done, you can see that the fields in question s_belnr and s_blart are being added to RPFIGLMX_JE_SEL for instance. Once these fields are added there, you can then go back to update the actual selection texts 'text' as instructed. Hope this helps!

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

You cannot "create" a selection text, first create the parameter/select-option (so SNOTE) only then will you be able to change/translate the texts.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member

Thank you all, problem has been solved.

Best regards,

Andreas