cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Goods receipt,,,

0 Kudos

We have new requirement like this.

Our plant location is in U.S.A... We are procuring product from China and marketing those product globally. Due to some legal requirements once the material is ready and shipped from china itself would really like show in our inventory. We don’t want wait until those goods reaches to our plant and do goods receipt.

What is best way to handle this?Or Any Other Possibilities? 

You have got the other thoughts please Share,

Thanks in advance,,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor

Hi,

Your company and plant is in USA where you are procuring goods from China, upon immediate delivery from china vendor you want that goods should show your inventory stock. So better create virtual Plant for China location and receive all your material in china plant. Then transfer all materials from china plant to USA plant.

Regards,

Biju K

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor

Dear Thiyaharaajan,

I understand your situation, You might want to recognize cost, the moment Vendor shipped you due to your FI Call, might be.

It's a workaround:

I would suggest you to create a virtual storage location, you should do GR at Virtual Storage, by doing this your material is in your virtual storage. Now your requirement would be how to handle other miscellaneous expense or Freight incorporated into material cost, what i do here to create a stock transport Order from Virtual Storage location to my plant storage by putting all expenses in conditions. As my Client requirements now fulfill by mapping the process in this such a way.

Best Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for Quick replay,

Next Question, if once goods   shipped it takes 20 days to reach our plant.  Meanwhile, After Shipping we need to show that stock in transit, once that Stock should reached Plant we need to Move Stock in transit to unrestricted Stock.

Is it possible, if Possible how?

Any standard process?

thanks once again.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read my previous response. Option 2 should serve your requirement.

0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok,

But my question was if do not need keep stock in Blocked stock, i want keep my stock in transit.

is it possible?

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you post 107 and 109 entry and see yourself the entry is as per your requirement? Let us know if you have any challenges in this process.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

No Ashok,If I'm using Blocked stock methodology, we need to show that Stock is our plant, however we do not need show Stock is our plant  ,we want to point out Stock On the way(SIT),,,

Thanks Ashok,

0 Kudos

Thanks @Jurgen L

i have an extra Question is it Possible to do Vendor to Plant Scenario?

If Possible how?

Thanks

Thiyagu.J

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have two options to achieve the functionality.

1) Create a Virtual Plant and create the Purchase order and do the Goods receipt into Virtual plant. And later you can create stock transfer order from Virtual plant to the required Plant.

2) Create Purchase Order with Acceptance at Origin check in PO. Perform goods receipt against Purchase order (Movement type would be 107) Once you receive the goods Physically you can release the goods from Valuated GR Blocked stock to Unrestricted stock using 109 Movement type.

former_member205928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per Biju you can create virtual plant ...I am also working with same scenario..

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems strange.

Anyway, you may check two step GR options like 103 & 105 movements (GR blocked Stock) or 107 & 109 movements (valuated GR blocked stock). Once the material is shipped, you can do the first step of GR and once its received physically, you may do the 2nd step movement.

Regards,

AKPT