Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP Lumira for Clustered BI Platform

I have been searching through different forums, but could not get the direct answer.

Currently, i have two separate BO nodes installed in clustered environment. BO 4.1 SP6 installed completely on each node with Tomcat.

T01- installed BO 4.1 SP6 with tomcat- windows 2012 server 64 bit

T02- installed BO 4.1 SP6 with tomcat - windows 2012 server 64 bit

both nodes pointing to same Audit db, and FRS folder (on shared network drive).

sharing one CMS and cluster key.

Then a DNS link with load balancer pointing to both of them (http:// BOETEST)

Now if i want to add Lumira server as a seperate node i have few questions:

1- I will be installing ( SAP Lumira server for BI Platform 1.30 Windows (64B), correct?

SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform 1.30 Windows (64B)

2- SAP Lumira, Server for BI Platform blog is talking about SAP Lumira Add On, do i have to care about that?

3- all the other services requires (RESTFUL, WACS, Scheduling, Processing) do i need them to installed on Lumira server or NO?

4- i assume, during installation it will ask for CMS name and port, i am sure to use same CMS name, which port i will be using?

5-After installation, do i have to apply some other changes on actual BO server through CMC?

6- Do i have configure windows AD setup also on Lumira Node? or it will work through BO servers?

7-Last- in case of upgrade or patching, do i need to patch it together with other BO nodes, or do it alone.

Thanks,

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hello Danish,

Answers to your questions:

1) Yes, the latest version of Lumira Server for BI Platform (LS4BIP) is 1.30.

2) The previous Lumira integration solution we have was called "SAP BI add-on for Lumira", which required HANA as well. It has been discontinued and the successor is LS4BIP, which is an add-on installed on top of BI Platform, similar to Explorer. So architecturally LS4BIP an add-on, but completely different from the "BI add-on".

3) LS4BIP comes with 5 components, and each of them require:

- Lumira Server -- requires --> Platform Processing Service

- Lumira Scheduling service -- requires --> Platform Scheduling Service

- Lumira Restful Web Services -- requires --> Restful Web Services

- Lumira Web Applications -- requires --> BI Platform web-tier (BOE.war)

- Lumira Mobile BI Service -- requires --> BI Platform web-tier (MobileBIService.war)

Everything on the right hand side can be found in BI Platform installer's component selection screen.

4) By default CMS is running on 6400, but if it's running on a different port you can find out from CMS properties -> Name Server Port configuration.

5) No

6) Depending which workflow you are using WinAD in Lumira Desktop. For details please see KBA: https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/0002300144

7) Let's say if you have 3 nodes and you have LS4BIP components installed only on two of them. When a new version of LS4BIP comes out, you need to update the two nodes to the newer version. However, if a new SP or patch comes out for BI Platform, then you would need to update all 3 nodes

Hope these help.

Regards,

Alan

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question