Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Matrix PowerPro designer for SAP and ZPL code

ananthula_sumanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use label matrix powerpro software for designing the labels and want to view ZPL code generated.

I tried with 'Print to file' option but the code generated doesn't look like related to ZPL.

Please confirm how to set up Print to File option for viewing ZPL,.

Zebra ZT230-203DPI printer is connected my system via USB.

3 REPLIES 3

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not familiar with Matrix Powerpro, but if I understand correctly:

• you design the label in the software Matrix Powerpro
  • upload it into R/3
  • and print the spool from R/3 into a file printer.

If that is the intended flow, then SAP Note #179534 - "Label printing using Zebra printers (SAPscript)" describes how this can be done - although with the BAR-ONE software.

Alternatively, you can also check SAP Note #750002 - "Support for Zebra label printers (ZPL2)" which describes how ZPL code can be generated from R/3 (and without the use of external software).

Best regards,

Laszlo

0 Kudos

Hello, Yes, we design the label in Label Matrix Powerpro printer and upload the ZPL code to SAP R/3 and send the ZPL code directly to printer for printing the labels. Now, I face problem with the True Type Fonts. Do I need to install any new fonts for Label Matrix. The thermal printer fonts provided are not suitable for designing and in case of modifying the existing labels where we have text already available, it is creating problems by not recognizing the fonts.

Thanks,

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if the printer allows the upload of a True Type font (e.g. via a memory card, which is inserted into the printer), then you can design the label to call this font by its name.

Then you can look at the label code to see whether the font calling command is fine (so the printer should correctly select the needed True Type font).

Best regards,

Laszlo