cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the size of data volume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently the data volume will be created automatically when the data is exceed 90%(which is set by myself)

but the auto created data volume's size is only 1024000KB(1G),how can I change the default size of the auto created data volume?

and if the data volume was used,what will happen if I delete the data volume( will the data in the data volume move to another data volume automatically?)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuefeng,

the auto extend size should be decided in the maxdb kernel level.

If you delete a data volume, the content in this volume will be dispatched into other volume automatically.

best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamse.

Thanks for your reply, I didn't find the parameter about the auto extend size in the parameter

can you show me the exact parameter thanks very much

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't know either. Let us see whether someone have other input. Otherwise you may have to reach SAP via Support incident to get clarification about how to change auto extend size.

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with auto extend enabled, MaxDB will just add a volume with the same size as the previously added volume.

If you really want to, you can override this since MaxDB 7.9, but that feature is well hidden:

1. Start a dbmcli session
2. set the 'DBM Server parameter' AutoExtSize

Now, every new volume added with auto extend enabled will use that size.

In detail:
- to display a list of the current DBM Server parameter configuration, just type "dbm_configget all".
- you can add a paramter with "dbm_configset AutoExtSize 100000"
- if you later want to remove that DBM Server parameter, use "dbm_configset AutoExtSize" without giving any further value specification.

Regards,
Thorsten

Answers (0)