cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer use F8 to Execute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Up until last week I have been using F8 to execute a search (ie IW38), but sometime last week it stopped working. Do any of you who are smarter then I am have any ideas (should be a lot of people qualify for that:-).

F8 works in other programs (Word) and my other "F" keys work in SAP.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Can you explain, what are trying to do in IW38 ? Kindly provide screenshots, also see whether the execute icon is available.

Is the execute icon is available in IW38 initial screen? Provide screenshot

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to list work orders in IW38 (it works good for that). My Execute button is there and works fine, but I am the type of guy who likes using shortcut keys. I used to hit F8 to execute a search but this week it does not work.

Screenshot?? well, ok!

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May share your experience by going to the same screen in a different route other than tcode IW38. That is by executing SE38 using program RIAUFK20 . (A shot in the dark)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have access to SE38. Our system is very locked down with only the consultants having access. Therefore any change costs our company money.

IW38 was just an example. F8 does not work in any transaction I have tried.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I misunderstood your line  "F8 works for other programs..." in the initial post. Because it is not working for any of the SAP programs, it looks to be an issue with SAP GUI.

You may have to reinstall SAP GUI. Before that you may verify this in SAP GUI settings.

If this does not help then try by reinstalling GUI.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for trying.

My High Speed Connection (LAN) is checked.

Tried resetting my defaults

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling SAP GUI

Still same thing. I tried using F8 on a co-workers computer and it worked. Just not on my computer.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you can do system restore to a good day you remember.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Back to a good day in SAP or any good day in my life

Are you talking about the Microsoft system restore? or is there one in SAP?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly. Now it seems nothing to do with SAP. Findings hint at something wrong with OS. Also looks funny, if I suggest to try a different key-board (I remember your F8 works for other applications, yet...strange suggestions due to strange issue.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, just out of desperation I tried using a different keyboard. That fixed it.

That's the strangest thing, can't explain it.

Thanks for your help.

Joel

Answers (0)