Translation issue on copied smartform- Missing texts
I am copying a Z smartform from one system(EHP6) to another new system (EHP7) via the download, upload option. Original language on both source and target system is EN. However when i do the translation on SE63, I am getting only 2 text elements. There are many text elements not appearing.
When i checked in table STXFTXT which stores smartform texts, for this smartform, there are only lines for these 2 texts. however on tcode-smartforms, the form seems to have been correctly copied with all the text elements and activated.
Closest issue i found to mine in the forum is below. But for this case source and target language was different. For my case they are same. Any idea what could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.
R. Szekeres replied
Hi Char A.
When you are doing translation via SE63, the text elements which does not contain any text (only variables) are not shown. That is the normal behavior of the transaction.
If you have some text and variable(s) in a text, then you can translate it.
If your text element contains only a variable in the original language, then there is nothing to be translated (thinks SAP ).
If you really want to translate those, you need to open your Smart Form, add any kind of text (a space is mostly not enough) activate your form, close it, start SE63 and you should be able to translate it. Then you can go back to your Smart Form and remove the text.