cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBUP table for populated with billing document items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My question is on how VBUP table is filled-in (sales document item status).

I understand sales documents are appended into VBUK and VBUP and I see that sales invoice are also available in VBUK table. The issue I have is there is nothing in VBUP for sales invoice items. I would need that because of how are build our controlling derivation rules.

Do you know why and if there is a way to activate the populating of VBUP for billing document items?

Thanks,

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To close the discussion, it has been fixed by a specific routine that selects the information from other tables.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Billing document is the final step in SAP Sales and Distribution process. After billing, accounting document gets generated. Releasing of billing documents are done only on header level, so I suppose SAP did not see any use of capturing billing item status in the first place.

On your 2nd query: If you fulfill vbup for billing items, what status would you be capturing anyways?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I don't need any status. The contraint we have in our system is that there is a CO characteristic (Reference document item) with a control table based on VBUP (VBELN POSNR). For a sales contract there is no problem, the entry exists in VBUP. But in a new SD process our reference document is an invoice and it's impossible to enter an item in the CO characteristics. Indeed SAP checks if there is an entry in VBUP for keys (VBELN Invoice number POSNR Invoice item) but there is no. Thus it's impossible to valuate the CO characteristic in that case.

And I head changing a CO characteristic after it has been used for years is not an easy topic.

So that's why I was trying to have the invoice item in VBUP.

Thanks.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid you have no choice but to change the CO characteristic in this case. As correctly noted above, the invoice lines cannot have any statuses different from the header, so there is just no point in creating VBUP entries (actually I'm surprised even VBUK exists, posting status is in VBRK anyway).

Trying to force the system to work differently would not be recommended.