Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 - Agentry app connected to SAP, won't recover from a backend restart

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I observed that short interruptions of the SAP backend (restart, network problem...) system can make Agentry app permanently unavailable until it is restarted manually. This is very problematic since it can happen any moment and it requires human interaction when it shouldn't be needed.

SMP 3.0 version is SP09 PL03.

I wanted to create an incident in the support page, but I still didn't because I'm not yet able to reproduce the issue yet. What I did to try to reproduce it is to use a tool to redirect calls from SMP to SAP to an invalid IP address. Basically I start the Agentry app normally, I do an initial synch with a client and before one of the delta synchs I enable the script that redirects the JCO calls. Then I get the RFC error, but once I disable the script if the client synchronizes again it works properly.

Unfortunately this does not seem to happen in our production environment, and after backend is available again, Agentry app keeps unresponsive.

Any ideas of why this could be happening and how to solve it?

Kind regards,

Marçal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is your client OS?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

iOS and Windows. Can the client be relevant in this issue?

EDIT: OK, maybe I described it in a confusing way. By Agentry app I meant the App deployed in the server, not a client

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the SMP server \ app was Started \ restarted when the backend is offline the SMP Server \ app wouldn't be able to pick up the needed configuration that it gets on start from the SAP System.  This would make the backend connection fail even after the backend starts back up because the missing configuration that are only picked up on start up.