Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytic privilege not working

prashant_kumar30
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have created one analytic privileges in which i have added two hana views (FI_AP and  FI_AR).

For both hana view i am putting restriction on company code.I am putting condition on companycode = 'X' and companycode = 'Y ' for the two views.

i have created one role for this analytic privilege and assigned it to user.

Now when i am executing the View FI_AP ,it should only display the data for companycode = 'X'. In case if doesnot have data it should show no data.

But in my case it is displaying the data of companycode = Y , which i have assigned for another view FI_AR.

why it is behaving like this? can anyone explain?its urgent...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member212236
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Could you please check the Role and the SQL privileges defined for each user.

Please note that, Multiple restrictions applied on the same column are always combined by an OR and the restrictions maintained across several columns are always combined by an AND.

In your scenario, the multiple restriction has been applied on company code hence the system works on OR operation. This should be the reason why the user is able to view the data which is not assigned to them.

Regards,

Vinoth V

prashant_kumar30
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Thanks for your response.I understand that Multiple restrictions applied on the same column are always combined by an OR ,

Although the column is same but HANA views are different in my case.Then why it should behave like OR.Is it not generating any SQL in background?

former_member212236
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Are both the views under same package or a sub-package? Kindly check whether the users have been assigned privilege on Root package.

I also believe that the option "Applicable to all information models" is not enabled. Because having this check box enabled would lead to unexpected side effects and give away control over model access.

Regards,

Vinoth V

prashant_kumar30
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

yes both HANA views are under same package.user is assigned with root package also.

Also the check box  "Applicable to all information models" is not checked.

former_member212236
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

When a user is assigned to root package then the user would be able to view and access all the available models defined under the package. Can you try giving the user only the privilege to access the required package instead of giving access to all. Also see whether the privilege _SYS_BI_CP_ALL is assigned to any of the user as it would grant full access to the users.

Kindly note that every user or role must have an analytic privilege assigned to access information views.

Regards,

Vinoth V

prashant_kumar30
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I have created one role in which i have added the privilege.The privilege contains two diff HANA view .Putting restriction on same column companycode with different value as explained in original post.But Not working?

Root package is not assigned to user and also _SYS_BI_CP_ALL is not assigned to user

former_member212236
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Could you please share the roles and privileges assigned to the users.

Also, check whether the user's have got the Modelling role assigned to them. The modelling role has internally got the analytic privilege _SYS_BI_CP_ALL assigned to it.

I would also suggest you to check the package privilege to confirm that the "Grantable to Others" option is not set to Yes. If its set to Yes that would allow the assigned user authorization to pass to the other users.

Regards,

Vinoth V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Could Please share the screen shots of Analytic privilege .