cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase of decimal places in SAP Business ByDesign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

our customer requests to work with more than 2 decimal places due to their little revenue amounts, they would need 6 decimal places.

I know that due to ISO 4217 the system can't display in all transactions more than 2 deciaml places. However in one of the previous discussions here it is stated that the system calculates in the background alway with at least 4 decimal places. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3502693

First: Can you please verify this information?

My question here is is it possible that 6 decimal places are displayed on invoices and sales orders?

Thanks for the feedback here.

Kind regards,

Ariane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Araine,

First of all since you not mentioned your currency we cannot exactly pin-point the decimal point allowed in your document.

Anyway you can check "Business Configuration --> Open Activity List --> Currencies"

What was suggested in other blog is If you had a Product that you want to sell price at $12.3456 for 1 ea then you create a sales order in bulk for 100 ea that way the total value would be =100 * 12.3456 =  $1234.56/100 ea.

Since this also a legal requirement, i don't think you can achieve this.

BYW I dont see where it is shown as 4 decimal in backend, could you help me with this.

Regards

leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leo,

thank you for your response.

Sorry, for me it was clear that it the currency is Euro.

I understand the work around, the question here:

is there the option of displaying more decimal places for totals and sums on invoices/sales orders if such a work around is applied?

This was statet in the response from previous discussion (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3502693)

• Currently Being Moderated  The data type used for Price field is 'Amount' and it supports up to 6 decimal places. But this is limited to 2 display decimals for many currencies in the system.

Thank you for further input!

Kind regards,
    Ariane

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ariane,

No, It is not possible to change the number of decimal displayed.

I guess, Hari was indicating that there may be a currency which supports 6 decimal places.

So activity : Currencies would indicate maximum number of decimal currency can have.

Bydesign is following ISO 4217 which describe currency codes, Number of decimals etc details with regards to the currency. and this is used in banking and business globally.

In case number of decimals is more than allowed, system will automatically round off the value to two decimals (or Maximum allowed)

I hope this will answer to your concerns.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ms. Ariane,

You cannot make this change as only 2 digit is supported as this is not bydesign standard by international standard for euro.

I am not sure as this is also legal requirement. maybe you can check with partners with your query if this is possible with add-on.

http://www.sap.com/us/our-partners/find-a-partner.epx

Hope this clarifies my query.

Regards

Leo