cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch IR and ID

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using PI 7.4 dual stack. I am not able to open IR and ID and getting error as in attached screenshots. I went through many discussions but couldnt resolve. I have attached the Java version in my system. Please let me know if i need to update to a higher Java version to resolve the issue. I havn't updated because in many discussions i read like if the java version is higher than 1.6.0_40 there would be security concerns. Please let me know if the Java version is the issue or i need to do any other settings to resolve this.

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thank you for the quick reply. Is this issue because of Java version !! should i update it to Java 1.7 according to the shared blog !?

Is Java 1.6 not compatible with PI 7.4 Dual stack !?

sateesh_adma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kartik,

Even we are using 7.4 dual stack, java version is 1.6.0_45.

Till now we don't see any issue.

Thanks,

Sateesh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Thank You for all your Support. We couldn't rectify the error. Our IT team and BASIS team took it forward. They are trying to sort it out with the help of Client's IT team.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great Karthik .:)

Close the thread.

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please check the screenshot Error_Detail. It is showing Unknown Source. Is this the problem.

After downloading the .jnlp file, when we click open it will show error Unable to open application and when we click detail it will show unknown source as shown in the attached screenshot Error_Detail. Please let me know if this is a problem with hostname. I am connecting PI from VPN. I have checked exchange profile and maintained the hostname. i am able to open all other applications other than ESR and ID. And also the Client is able to open the Java Applications at his end. Please let me know if i need to do anything in Administration or NWA..

Regards,

Karthik

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would suggest to add the host file entry with both Fully Qualified Host Name and hostname in the Windows machine you are connecting from. This would ensure that the hostnames are resolved without any complications.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthi check your exchange profile settings with the help of Basis Team.

you already updated Java that should help you.

former_member202642
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Just try to clear the java cache.

On Windows START enter "javaws -viewer".

This will open a control panel where you can delete the cache.

Regards,

Aamir

0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

We have cleared the cache from javaws -viewer also.

Regards,

Karthik

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have updated to latest Java Version 1.8.0_77. Still i am getting same error. Please let me know if i need to restart any services..

Regards,

Karthik

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

This is Java version mismatch issue. Talk to your basis or network team.

Thanks,

Apu

0 Kudos

Hi Apu Das,

Thank You, will ask and will update

Regards,

Karthik

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kharthik,

If you set the direct link in the browser with the file included, does it fail? or the file is downloaded?

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Inaki Vila,

I am able to download the file but when i try to open the file, it is resulting in error.

Regards,

karthik

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are able to download the jar file from the browser, it could be a intermittent network issue.

Are you on the same network as the PI server or using external connections like VPN etc?

If you are on a VPN,worth a check on the direct network as well.

Also clear the java cache in JWS and give this a shot one more time..

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I am accessing PI from VPN. I am able to access other tools, the problem is only with IR and ID. I tried clearing java Cache but still i am not able to open the applications. I have raised a request to update Java. Need to try once after the update.

Regards,

Karthik

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then Upgrade should help you Karthik