cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the Person Responsible field in ChaRM correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

This might be a silly question but I'm still a beginner in terms of ChaRM configuration so thought I would ask and see if anyone can point me in the right direction

We are currently setting up ChaRM in our landscape and I am struggling to find a fix for one of the reported issues, At the moment we are only using the Urgent Change change document and I have already copied the standard SMHF document to our custom ZHMF document and then made our changes (both to the web ui and by adding custom actions, etc)

Our problem is that the person displayed in the Person Responsible field does not update after a status change (eg from status "Requested for Approval" to "Approved"

for example

When the change document is created the person responsible field is populated with the user entered in the approver field

Example CD:

Person Responsible set to the requested Approver:

The change document is then set to a "Requested for Approval" Status using our first custom action. For this the Approver shown in the Person Responsible field is correct, and we have plans to build a email notification into this action at a later stage. The Approver will then approve the change document and then it moves to the next status called ''Approved''. With this status change the person responsible field should update to use the user entered in developer / customizer field (since they now need to set the status to "In Development" and begin working on the change) but this is not happening currently

I think this has to do with our Partner setup and the partner determination procedure but I have not been able to find where I need to change this. We have defined custom business partner roles as a copy of the standard ones eg

If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan

I'm not sure if I get 100% what you're saying, if I'm interpreting your question correct but here goes, hopefully this helps you out:

In that last screenshot, if you select a line (click on the gray block in front of the line) you can use the upper menu "Goto - Details" to show the determination of that specific partner profile.

On the next screen, you can then check which Access Sequence is assigned to this specific partner function.

Access Sequences are build in another spot (transaction SPRO - define access sequence) and such an access sequence defines what the system looks for, in which sequence. However, it's an "OR" story so if you an access sequence with three sequences (sequence 10, 20 and 30). The system looks into sequence 10, if he finds a business partner that matches, he inserts it and does not check 20 and 30.

So if you want to do something more intelligent / complex than what is available in the basic functionality / customizing, you'll soon end up using the BADI capabilities to have more complex logic to assign business partners so you'll have some coding to do (or to get done) if you want to use that.

There might also be alternative methods to reach the same end-result but I cannot say that really without investigating the actual situation. I hope this already helps out to some extent so you can progress further.

You can find information on SCN on Business Partner Determination, Access Sequence etc to get a better understanding how the functionality works. I have resorted to try and fail, try again and in the end succeed ways of working with the functionality because it's not well documented from my perspective and not always clear what an access sequence does exactly when you pick one from the list etc.

Reference:

Specific BADI in question: COM_PARTNER_BADI

Best regards

Tom

Answers (0)