cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change indicator is marked in report output although no 'Relevant' flag in one of the usage instances

surajarafath
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to understand clearly on this behavior of the change indicator in the report output with relevant flag in specification database.

We have problem that in one of our value assignment we have two instances where one of the instance (say A) has been marked with 'Relevant' flag in the usage and next instance (say B) is not marked with 'Relevant' flag in specification database.

In the report output, we except border is highlighted for those marked as relevant i.e only for A but our report shows the output with both A and B marked with border.

I am curious why such behavior only one of the instance has the relevant flag indicator. Is this standard behavior although one instance has usage with relevant indicator output shows the data marked for all the instance in the value assignment ?

Change marking in report output

this is not marked as relevant but still output shows with highlighted border.

Specification data

Sort no. 10     - Not marked as relevant

Sort no. 1000 - Marked as relevant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all

first quesition: which SAP release do you use? SAP ERP EnhPack?

second question: i assume (according to what i can see) this is a local data record (no refernce; no inheritance)

third: is there a report "before" (e.g. version 1.0)

forth: according to: Change Marking - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

you can no use "time" related change marks: Do you use this?

I can not confirm, the comments and feedback given so far. Accordin to my experince with WWI etc. any data record is handled "individual"; there is no link to the "rep group"; never have seen such an effect (but may be our layouts are correct?)

I am not aware of any "on the top" explanation as in the "on line help".

Honestly: you can write a "big book" in context of "Change marks" (not easy story; especially e.g. chapterf 14); document

tried to "help"; but the change mark topic is really not an "easy" topic.

Can you show the usages of data record and "change log" data (as well as date at which report was generated (Cg50); only by using this kind of data additional help might be possible

C.B.

surajarafath
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

to answer your questions,

1. EHP6

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. I think 'no'

I am trying to simulate and experiment the behavior in our quality system, so i tried changing the usage for both the instances but the behavior is same. I just want to know/confirm on the behavior of the change mark in the report output when value assignment is displayed for two or more instances where one of them is marked as relevant.

I understand 'Change Marks' could be big topic, but here my question is simple i believe  ie. when there is multiple instances in the value assignment and this data displayed on the report output with one of the instances has relevant flag. What is the supposed behavior here ?

a) only the instance with relevant flag will be marked

b) all the instance in the value assignment will be marked

I am getting the result as b) as i shown in the my screen print that it marks border for instance although there is no relevant flag.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Playsuji,

OSS Note 1119071 - FAQs about change marking in EH&S reports explains the behavior of change marks quite detailed.

If this doesn't answer your question please:

• Post a complete screenshot of the output of the WWI Template showing both instances. Your screenshot just shows one instance - the one "Not marked as relevant".
  • Post a screenshot with the usage tab for both instances
  • Post the corresponding WWI coding

Kind Regards

Mark

P.s.: Are you using a SAP ERC Template or a self made / build template?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

I checked a little bit. This was the finding on my side:

If you have e..g a data record in "color" as "Red" and "Green" on one is "relevant" and the other "not" and both will be part in WWI report only e.g."red" is marked. and not "green"

But if i look on your screenshot: the so called "header" phrase is marked as well. Never seen it like that. Therefore: could you may be show this short "WWI code sequence" for this one VAT here?

C.B.

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Playsuji,

It is not shown in your screenshot, but I would aSsume, based on the result, that both instances have the same rating and validity area and in the WWI code, they are output via a repeating group. I'm not entirely sure here, I would think that doesn't work because the relevance indicator is then read only once for all instances to be output. If you do it the other way around (10 is relevant, 1000 not) you will probably not get the change mark. You cannot mix it this way I think.

Ralph

surajarafath
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your reply. Your assumption was exactly correct, yes they both have same rating, validity area, so on and in WWI its output via repeating group (D:). I dont know how much it is importance here, my curiosity is how it will work if only one of the instances has relevant flag in a value assignment ?

I would assume from the behavior currently in our system, like it will mark both instances in the output although one of the instance doesn't have relevant flag.

I just want to be sure if my assumption on this were right or there is something else.

Thanks.

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Playsuji,

I'm not enirely sure here, but I think this behavior is correct. If the first instance found by the repeating group has the relevant flag, all other instances called by the repeating group will also be marked as a relevant change. It does make sense becasue you don't make single values as a relevant chnage but properties, e.g. a change in the GHS classification is marked, but no the fact that now P223 has been added to it.

Ralph