cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty result against Oracle Server 11 on Windows 2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an problem when executing an report against an Oracle Server 11 on a Windows Server 2012 (Customer system). The result have empty

pages. It contains only formula fields/calculated fields.

There is no problem if I execute the report against an Oracle 11 Server that does not run on a Windows Server 2012 (our Test system got Windows Server 2008). So only the change of the connection information in the report causes this problem. The report will be executed by the same Environment (my developer computer). So every executing component is identical. We are using an own software that uses the crystal report runtime (without IIS). It is only possible to get a valid result against the customer system when executing the report from the Crystal Report 2011-Developer Tool.

Details:

Customer system: Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter 64Bit with Oracle Server 11.2.0.4, CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_14

Developer environment: Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit with Oracle client 11.2.0, CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_3, Crystal Reports 2011

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Oracle Client needs to match the application platform, 32 or 64 bits.

And DEV and TEst PC's need to use the same version, Dev is using SP 3 and Prod is SP 14.

Update your DEV PC to SP 14 and start debugging.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the same result when I am executing the report on the customer server. And debugging does not help, because I dont get any exception, just an crippled result. (I use the export to file function from crystal report).

0 Kudos

Search for a KBA with CRLogger in the search area, it logs all of our database API's.

The log file should show you if it's failing to log on or some error if it gets logged on.

Don

Answers (0)