cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO confirmed with update of batch and serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Our client is saying that batch and serial number is not on delivery.

When a transfer order is confirmed,the delivery is updated with Batch and serial number from confirmation step. (and should be ready for GI)

is it possible in WM?

this process will work in EWM?

Please let me know

Best regards

Pabbati Obulesu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the ECC, serial number uses is limited upto IM only (storage location) which means you don't have any serial number related data in WM at storage bin level, so you will not find any information in Transfer order

This is very much possible in EWM as serial number functionality is extended up to BIN level in EWM

with regard to Batch, based on batch determination logic you can populate at the time of delivery creation or Picking. Normally when WM is active then it is always advisable to perform the batch search at WM level provided there is no business constraint

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Manish for your inputs.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Is your batch determined in your delivery (MM) or in the TO (WM) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes. Batch is displaying in MM documents and as well as in TO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes this is possible in WM. When the TO is confirmed, the OBD is updated with the batch and serial numbers.

Are you saying that this is not happening in your system or just confirming that a requirement can be met ?

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello A.Coles,

Thank you for your reply.

in my systems is not happening now.

To solve this requirement, what changes should we do? or provide your inputs for this scenario.

(Requirement:When the TO is confirmed, the OBD is updated with the batch and serial numbers).

In OIS2, for serial profile Z001, SDLS-maintain delivery procedure is maintained and serial usage is optional (02 - optional).

To achieve this shall i change SDLS, serial usage from 02-optional to 03-obligatory??

Is there any customization required additionally to achieve it?

Please let me know

Pabbati Obulesu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So for clarity,

Batch determination - Where does this occur, is it in the sales document and then passed to WM or determined in WM and passed back to the delivery. I'm assuming that batch determination occurs in WM during TO creation and that the requirement is to pass this data back to the OBD upon TO confirmation ?

Serial Numbers - Does the system determine which serial numbers are to be picked or is this data input by the operative and the requirement is to pass this data back to the OBD ?

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. your assumption is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

in WM level for deliveries item categories categories,activated the Automatic Batch Determination. in TO batch is showing.

Regarding serial number,i am not clear.

upto my knowledge, serial number or serial profile is not showing in existing TOs.

i need to understand from you, while in TO confirmation serial numbers are showing??

what i knew is that, i see in delivery batch,and serial numbers visible (system will determine). while doing picking(TO),i observed that batch is displayed. but serial number is not able to see.

(Requirement:When the TO is confirmed, the OBD is updated with the batch and serial numbers).

what you will suggest for the above scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am getting confused now.

You say that you can see the batch and serial number in the delivery (system will determine). So if they already exist in the delivery, why are you expecting the OBD to be updated with the batch and serial numbers when the TO is confirmed ??

Cheers

A

pabbati obulesu wrote:

i see in delivery batch,and serial numbers visible (system will determine). while doing picking(TO),i observed that batch is displayed. but serial number is not able to see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

the process is

sales order-->delivery-->picking (TO creation)-->TO confirmation

For the below sentence, what are the process steps. please confirm.

When a transfer order is confirmed,the delivery is updated with Batch and serial number from confirmation step. (and should be ready for GI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check our scenario:

A delivery are created for material using z transcation. ( Z transcation consists of PS/PM module integration with WBS element/network/reservation)

This goes to VL06O for picking.

A TO (pick list ) is created by warehouse operator, the system propose snr / batch (fifo) if not entered specific in delivery.

The warehouse operator go and find the parts and snr/batch as per the TO (pick list)

Then the warehouse operator go into SAP VL06O to step For confirmation and confirm all the TO (pick list items)

Now the Warehouse operator go to VL02N and issue print the DN. A delivery document is printed. (this print need to contain the snr/batch numbers picked.

in this stage batch number and snr are not displayed in the delivery print

The goods are delivered to the workshop for use with the DN as documentation and check / accept.

As part of the 2way check the Workshop coordinator use VL02N and enter the DN number then click Post goods issue.

Question : Will the Workshop coordinator have to change the delivery and enter the snr involved for the parts in order to post goods issue?

If Yes this is a big issue. Confirmed TO from confirmed TO needs to be updating the DN allowing post goods issue.

Please confirm :

a) Yes the snr / batches are updated and printed on DN

b) No we need to fix this.

Question:any customization need to do in WM for the above scenario??

Best regards

Pabbati Obulesu