Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant attributes

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a question on Batch job variant attributes. Need some input .

We are defining a new plant similar to an existing plant (plant A)  in production. Our aim is to add the new plant to existing job variants. Now the question is how do we know the list of variants that has the plant A .

Is there a way to pull the list of variants by giving plant A as the input criteria?

Please advise

Thanks

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naturally, variants are stored somewhere in the database (you can find more detail on this by using Google), but I doubt you'll be able to find easily which ones have Plant field.

If you have a massive number of jobs you should really look into using the selection variables (STVARV). In this case you'd only have one place to update. Otherwise a simple job list review would probably be faster than trying to tie the job / variant / value tables together.

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena. Since we are talking about Variant Attributes, I doubt this will be recorded in any table but wanted to understand if there is any FM availble that can fetch the attributes of a variant..

I believe stvarv is to view /change the TVARV variable but my requirement is about the batch job variants.

Thanks

Sankar