cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the material document year logic in live system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In our existing system, MM period is from January to December, and FI period is from April to March.

Now our client wants MM period also to be from April to march.

Material document year should be incremented to next year only on April 1st (instead of Jan 1st which is existing).

Please let me know how to do it?

Will there be any impact if we do this change at this point (client is running SAP since 2010).

Regards

Thiyagaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you are talking about Material document number ranges in Inventory Management. They are actually Calender year specific. Can check in OMBT transaction.

As per your statement, First month should be April for your company code i.e. Fiscal year variant must be V3 or a Copy of it.

Can you check the Fiscal year variant assigned to your Company code? Else share MMRV transaction screenshot for your Company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not talking about number range.

In our system, Material document will have new year on Jan 1st. Where as the accounting document of the material document will have new year on April 1st.

Biz wants MM year and FI year to be the same which start from April to next year march

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is what i am talking. You need to maintain number range for Material document Calender year specific whereas Excise and FI number ranges need to be maintained at the end of Fiscal year / Start of New Fiscal year i.e March ending or April.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently, the number range is maintained with year 9999. You mean to say if we maintain it as 2016 it would work.

Do you think if there will be any impact if we change it all of a sudden in a live system?

Thanks for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

sharing screen shot of our MMRV:

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Current period is 01 2016 that means your Company code is assigned to Fiscal year variant V3 (Arpil to March)

Coming to your Material document number ranges, you have maintained the year as 9999. So, system uses the number range from here for all the Material movements irrespective of the Calender year.

Either it has to be Calender year specific or it can be irrespective of Calender year i.e. 9999. It is not possible to Maintain the number ranges Fiscal year specific (April to March) for Inventory Management.

I am not sure about the system behavior how it reacts if you maintain the Year 2016 in OMBT for Inventory management besides 9999.

If you have Sandbox server, you can try to maintain the same and see the system behavior.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure why your business interested for having material document and accounting document on yearly basis.

Refer how to set material and accounting for  GR with document type WE

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Biju & Ashok,

Thanks for sharing the document and guiding me to get an idea to provide solution to biz. Your suggestions were very much helpful to me.

Regards

Thiyagaraj

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How your business run with existing system where MM period is from January to December and FI period from April to March?

How you open MM and FI period every month?

Can you check and share screens

1. OBY6

2. OB52

3. MMRV

4. OMSY

5. OB29

Regards,

Biju K