Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System could not determine source storage bin Message no. /SCWM/L3008

Former Member
0 Kudos

System could not determine source storage bin

Message no. /SCWM/L3008

Hi All

I am trying and Simple Outbound and this is error i get when i try to create an whse tas, Kindly help me to solve the issue

Thank you

BR

Ananth MP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ananth,

Execute the bin sorting with t code /SCWM/SBST, if still you are getting the error, check the stock removal strategy aginst the WPT 2010.

one more thing, check the optimisation settings for stock removal process , it is under stock removal stategy.

BR,

C K REDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr CK Reddy

thank you for your response

I did the bin sorting in /SCWM/SBST

The issue is still not solved

In the warehouse task screen as shown below i am not able to get the source bin assigned automatically

So i manually assign the source and close the transaction.

Thank you

BR

Ananth MP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

if you want help, you need to show the complete log, which you get by selecting the log icon after closing the pop-up. Only the pop-up does not give enough information.

"I did the bin sorting in /SCWM/SBST

The issue is still not solved"

Of course the issue is not solved by this. I do not know why C K always make people sort bins, but that does never solve this problem.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I guess, Some times it may also a problem...

BR,

C K Reddy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would not know why the sorting of bins should ever be a problem when creating the warehouse task. The assignment of bins to an activity area is not necessary. And so also the sorting is something which is not required. The activity area is for the warehouse order creation rule. And if you want to consider the activity area then the sorting must be done. But in the WT it does not have any function.OK, the queue can be determined using the activity area and this happens in the WT. So it is read in the WT. But it can never influence IMHO if bins are found or not.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jurgen,

Thanks for the valuable information...

BR,

C K Reddy

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Just a small thing to add, sorting is used to sort bins while creating WT. It influences which bin to pick first, priority alike.

But like you said, if you don't use sorting, standard program still sorts available bins alphabetically, that's why you don't see any difference if you use alphabetically sorted pick path.

Just sayin

Best regards

Serhan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"sorting is used to sort bins while creating WT. It influences which bin to pick first, priority alike"

Yes, but only if you use the activity CLSP for sorting, not pick or anything else. And still it should never give you an error message.

But yes, it means it can have some influence on the WT.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Friends,

The answer to above question is dont maintain stock removal indicator in storage type search for stock removal. Only maintain Warehouse number, WPT, Storage type search sequence and stock removal rule. I faced the error mentioned and after few testing could create picking WT.

Hope this will help all.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. Please provide the solution here

vateja
Explorer
0 Kudos

same issue came to me what is the process to solve it can any one explain in detail

0 Kudos

Hi,

check optimization of access strategy settings for storage type determination in customizing

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth (and all),

Did you ever resolve this without manually assigning the source storage bin in the WT?

I am having a similar error:

M product is assigned to stock removal control indicator PI04.

My configuration assigns storage type search sequence PI04 to stock removal control indicator PI04.

SRCI PI04 with Warehouse Process Type ZD01 drives it to storage type search sequence PI04 with Removal Rule ZSHE.

I have stock in Storage Type GA01 for this product. 

The only thing I can see that looks odd to me on the log are the rule is ZSHE which is for shelf life expiration and this product should not be subject the SLED (it is a packaging material).  There is no expiration date against which to check, so I wonder if that is why it is not finding anything.

I am also not sure if the message text "Storage Type search fully defined: no entry found" should not produce a 'no entry found'.

Let me preface my questions also - I am working with the end users to determine why this is not selecting the storage bin because their EWM consultants are very busy and this is a lower priority, so I offered to jump in and try to figure it out. I have a background in ECC WM, but not EWM - trying to learn a little as I go along here. So, thanks for your patience if my question is a little obvious.

Thanks! Jocelyn

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jocelyn,

The only thing I can see that looks odd to me on the log are the rule is ZSHE which is for shelf life expiration and this product should not be subject the SLED (it is a packaging material).  There is no expiration date against which to check, so I wonder if that is why it is not finding anything.

This does not cause an error. This is only relevant if VFDAT is not initial. Your storage type search looks fine.

You said you have removal indicator in product. Does it also have storage section defined? You may have stocks in storage type. But if they are not in preferred storage section, all other stocks will be filtered out.

May not be the case, but make sure stocks are relevant for your document stock type(i.e. available stock F2 = document stock type F2).

If you need further help, please post physical stocks screenshot.

Best regards

Serhan

0 Kudos

Hi!

1. Check block indicator for st. bin - removal or inve

2. Check that characteristics of quant were same as in outbound delivery:

- stock type

- STOCK_DOCCAT

- owner

- Ent.of Dispose

3. Check batch (if use)

BR, Alex.