cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel Export/Import Process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am planning to Perform the Parallel Export/Import for first time (It's homogeneous copy ). I would like to know exact steps needs to follow . I have gone through SAP guides but not clear too confusing.Can some one please guide me below process is correct or not ?

I have done earlier exports and import but not the parallel exports/import process.

1. Run the step export Preparation in  Source system (Is it Mandatory or optional ?)

2. Run table splitting ( If you have larger tables ,our DB is larger so i will go with step)

3. Run DB export in Source system.

4. Export Directory should be shared with target system( NFS or NAS or FTP our case planning for NFS)

5. start the import on target system ,as soon as db export is started in source system after the file structure is created in export directory.

My question is , is it compulsory to start Migration monitor manually ? in source and target system  and also on target system can we install DB - Oracle in first before import is started to save the time.

Any more ideas and experience please share ..

Thank you very much in advance .

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arun_kumar165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

It is not mandatory to start Mig.Mon outside of the sapinst.If you need to Under the Export /Import Process in background you can start it.Other wise SAPINST will takecare.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun ,

Thank you for clarification . Due you recommend any brief steps that needs to follow.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani.

Kindly refer the SCN link

Regrads

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram .

I have gone through already on this .. But my question is it is Mandatory to start Migration Monitor for manually for Parallel export/import. I know for normal export and import procedure we can do automatically migration monitor and some brief steps for Parallel export /import procedure using SWPM.