Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while Posting a Transaction

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send a whole Object property in a Edit transaction (Just like standard WorkOrder Post).

But in  my Object I have two custom Object properties (one is a External Data property and the other is a Embedded Image property).

While Posting this transaction I am getting a strange error. (I have attached the screen shot of the error).

It seems like while posting a whole Object in a transaction, if that Object's direct Properties or child properties contains any embedded Image/ External Data(which are left empty), then the frame work throws an error like the one that is attached.

But this seems not right.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Regards

Madan KM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madan,

Quick question on your issue above? Is your posting tied to a completed workorder? Did you try attaching an image when the workorder is already completed (removed from the client - in the sequence of steps)?  I stated removed as the order or sequence of events, if you attach or edit a transaction that is already posted as completed in the backend, in theory the object will be removed from the device including all its properties.

So to fix something like this a reorder of sequential of steps may be needed to make sure the attachment occurs prior to the completion of workorder status.

Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Actually I am not posting a Workorder.

Also I have made sure that the Object which I dealt with was not removed accidentally (Background sending and Client removal step) because of the action step sequence.

I will summarize the problem again.

Let's say that I have a subaction step under the Standard "transmit" action that loops over "ZCOLLECTION" Collection which contains collection of "ZOBJECT".(This Object contains one "External Data Property" along with other Object properties).

Inside this Subaction I have one transaction step which is mapped to "ZTRANSACTION" and this is a Edit transaction for "ZOBJECT". This particular transaction updates all the properties of the Object except the "External data property". In this case while applying the transaction I m getting the error which I have attached in the previous reply.

This behavior occurs even if "ZOBJECT" doesnt have any "External data property" and some of its Child Objects say "ZCHILDOBJECT" contains an "External data property".

Regards

Madan KM

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madan,

So you say "Let's say that I have a subaction step under the Standard "transmit" action that loops over "ZCOLLECTION" Collection which contains collection of "ZOBJECT".(This Object contains one "External Data Property" along with other Object properties)."

and you also say "This behavior occurs even if "ZOBJECT" doesnt have any "External data property" and some of its Child Objects say "ZCHILDOBJECT" contains an "External data property"."

From your statement, it seems the unique item here is it is under a "Transmit" Action.  You have an advance transmit action.

so based on your statement above, my best guess may be tied to the location of where all the temporary storage of the files should go. From what I can remember there was a report before that the maximum number of temporary file name was maxed out  and the resolution is to go to that directory (I can't remember if it is in the C drive area or some temp directory - there may be a KBA (Knoweledge Base Article) about it) and cleaning it out by deleting all these temp files.  I can't remember the name of the KBA if it is tied to attach document issue.  Not sure if yours is related to yours and this is why you have it locked. I am currently not at work right now but I'll try to see if I can find it when I get back after this weekend.  Again, I am not sure if this is related or if this is something new tied to the "transmit" action subaction - looping over a collection with external data object.

If this will be reported to SAP support there has to be a means to sync against your backend to reproduce.  Let us say my theory above is true, this means you may not see this issue in another device. Did you try reproducing in a completely different device?

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested the application in different devices and I am able to reproduce it consistently in all the devices.

It would be much helpful if you share the KBA that you have mentioned.

Regards

Madan KM

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madan,

Hi. I spent some time looking for this KBA and I cannot find it. This means it may not be published or released or I haven't written it up yet or filed it in a different subject header or I cannot remember the authors name (looked at over 10 authors) or it could be sitting in my Microsoft Outlook email messages. All I remember is that on one of the temporary directory where most of the temp (tmp) files are stored during transmit (each transmit a tmp file will store the data for external data property - normally tied to an attachment - these tmp files are internal temp files which may grow if not checked), the directory is filled with too much of it and nobody can work with those documents or images tied to external data property.  But I cannot find it right now. If I find it I'll try to go back to this discussion and paste it.

If your issue exist in multiple devices then the theory of the tmp file may not be your issue. It may be a client issue that was just introduced. 

Was this technique working before in older SMP 3.0 SDK? Or was this only tested in newer versions (WPF Client 70.11.0.5 in a Windows 7 Laptop)?  Another SMP 3.0 SDK SP12 release is coming out ~ approx in 3rd week of April (depending if it passes QA). My suggestion is if this issue occurs in SP12 then it may be an issue.  Another technique is to see if this issue occurs on an SMP 3.0 SP08 (most of the newer products of SAP has a lot of test done on SP08 - this includes attachment or images). I am wondering if this issue occurs in older SP08 or if it was introduced in the newer SPK versions?

I noticed that you have an incident in SAP talking about this same issue as mentioned above (you opened an SAP incident). With respect to the incident, any issues tied to the issue needs to be proven and an Agentry.db or reproduction steps to connect to your environment is minimum needed to get the WPF client team to look at it closely.  But what can help is my question/recommendation above (normally dev team will ask you to try the latest and if it still fails on the latest to get more information on how to reproduce internally in SAP).

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What device and version of the Agentry client are you using?

--Bill

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am using WPF Client 70.11.0.5 in a Windows 7 Laptop

-Regards

Madan KM

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Is it a Bug in the product or am I missing something here?

Regards

Madan KM

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I appears to be a bug in the product.  I would recommend opening a ticket with support.

--Bill

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. I will raise a support ticket for this.