cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Break - Webi 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experst ,

I have problem with page breaks in WebI 4.1 .

My Scenario.

Main Section

Section Name

Header 1Header 2Header 3

Inner Section

Section Name

Header 1Header 2

Inner Inner Section

section name

Header 1Header 2

Inner Inner Section End

Inner Section End

Main Section End

Problem is : Some times Section name ends at end of the page and section  data (table ) start at new page  though i used avoid the break section properties.

Could you please let me know what would be idle solution for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddeppa,

The issue which you are getting appears based on the amount of data. It will not be consistent.

Avoid page break should solve the problem but sometimes it will not as per my experience.

So check the Repeat page header for each page option so that even if the data goes to the next page it will also shows the header.

Can you share the structure mode of your report. If u cannot share ur original report. Try to fit the sections inside the page borders. sometimes this solved the purpose.

We also suggested quick view mode to view the report than page mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Thank you for your response..

My main issue is some time section name is end at end of the page and data will continue in next page .

hope i am clear.

thanks

reddeppa K,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this,

1 - right click on the cell containig the section name;

2 - Choose Format Cell;

3 - Under Layout - > Vertical -> New Page , Check the box "Start on a new page".

Regards,

Rogerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I got the issue. You can select the option "Repeat on Every Page" for Section name as well. i.e.

If you select Start on New Page then always the section starts on new page some time user don't want this (if number of records under a section is less, so un necessary blank pages will be there).

So a work around i suggested is to repeat the section name on every page. so even if page 1 ends with just section name then it will also gets displayed in Page2