Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOPF Application Framework Creating OData Service and same service using into SAP WEB IDE to Create UI5 / FIORI Application [ without CDS views, SADL and HANA ]

VenugopalA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Before am explaining my issue please find my system details, NW7.4 SAP_GWFND740, SAP_UI5, IW_PGW 100+007, SAP_ABA740_10 and SAP_BS_FND 747 + 008.

Am in a process to create simple UI5 application at SAP WEB IDE using with BOPF Application Framework, to move forward I am creating a simple OData service [ segw ], creation is no issue, after creating a new service right click at DATA MODEL and rather importing as normal process here i am selecting a redefine option with BOPF Service [i.e. redefine-->BOPF Service ] reason to selecting this option is.... to use custom or standard BOPF service which we have created at BOBF, am able to add custom or standard BOPF to newly created ODATA, please refer below screen.

But after creation while doing map to data source at service implementation level, am getting below error, please refer below screen..

1. After referring to many documents am getting small doubt is my approach is in right direction, I mean to get this BOPF framework in FIORI / UI5 without CDS view, SADL and HANA, will this possible or not, please suggest your kind inputs / suggestion / information will help me to way forward for further R&D on above process.

2. if above point yes, the why system is not allowing “map to data source”, if I create as a normal ODATA using with Import-->RFC/BOR/DDIC working fine, it is as a normal process there is no BOPF Application Framework.

your kind and value inputs are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Venugopal.a

4 REPLIES 4

former_member182889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venugopal,

with "redefine -> BOPF Service" you'd be using a framework called "GBI" (Gateway-BOPF-Integration). This is based on the principles of FBI (Floorplan Manager BOPF Integration).

While this is easy to consume, it is limited with respect to flexibility and OData-compatibility (I don't think that e. g. paging with $top and $skip are supported).

I'd recommend to import the properties based on the combined node structure as DDIC-structure and then use the mapping by SADL (Service-Implementation -> Map to Data Source).

You don't need any CDS-definition in order to do that, SADL also supports BOPF Native on your release: Reading bypasses BOPF where possible, CUD is done using the service manager.

Cheers,

Oliver

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Oliver, for identifying the important difference between GBI and SADL integration. It is very valueable to have someone in the forum who knows about both worlds.

I fully support your recommendation.

I think a good starting point would be

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thank you for your great & value inputs.

as per your above suggestion " import the properties based on the combined node structure as DDIC-structure and then use the mapping by SADL (Service-Implementation -> Map to Data Source)."

if i would process this steps this will be like a normal / common way to do so..for OData service creation with import process, am expecting / looking for redefine service without writing / updating any piece of code @OData level.

Please suggest.

Thank you & best regards,

venugopal. a

0 Kudos

Dear Venugal,

After you imported, you can map the (persistent) BOPF node attributes without implementing a single line of code.

What's not supported is to import the full BO node structure including the associations and subnodes.

Reason for that is that not all (particularly transient) Aspects are supported by the mapping.

Cheers,

Oliver